1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado must see?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpz11, Mar 19, 2014.

1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

:up::up:

We did a full day Jeep rental in Canyonlands, doing all of the canyon ridge trails and such. The near death experiences were too numerous to count, but it was a hoot. Wife was scared for her life the first hour or so, then eventually gave up and scouted for cliff edges and on coming vehicles (one lane paths with 500'+ drops on the edge!). Lets just say local standards are much different than what us city boys are used to.

Would love to fine something similar to that area in Colorado. Not that Utah was bad, just really liked Colorado a lot. Seemed a little less isolated.

Plus the watered down beer in Utah sucks ass :down:
    Back over the boarder, beer good :up:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

We're planning late May time frame.

Thanks for all the ideas, gotta sit down with the wife and go through them all.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My wife really enjoyed the July 4th concert at Red Rocks. Fireworks are visible for hours so that's kind of special. But any event there is pretty special.

Calendar of Events

[​IMG]

5. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

Drive up to Red Rocks before sun up and catch the meteor show and sunrise.

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

What kind of condition is Estes Park in? They got hit HARD by the floods.

Garden of the Gods is cool and it's a City Park, a stones throw from the outskirts of the Springs. The Air Force Academy is also in the Springs, not sure if there is anything cool to see there.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Cool thread. I'll be in CO on the tail end of a motorcycle trip in mid September. My only previous CO experience is Denver for business. I'm aware that it will be much colder in the higher elevations, but do we heed to be worried about snow and road closures at that time of year? Planning on entering CO via Utah on US70, headed to Colorado Springs... No planned route yet.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That is basically the exact route we took last summer. 160 out of Durango through the San Juan and Rio Grande forests on our way to Colorado Springs.

I can't remember how many times I wished I was on my bike:mad:

9. joec

joec brace yourself

hey!!!! when did you get back!!! i thought you had been martyred.;)

10. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

A couple months now. It was worth it to see some others go down with me, lol. I don't post much, but that was just too juicy to resist!

Still curious as to why Bob drove from San Antonio to Denver on weekend passes.

:D