1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collar Bone Protection

Discussion in 'General' started by bneveu, Jun 20, 2016.

1. My thoughts exactly. And I've sent a few emails stating exactly that. If I could have gotten it here, I would have.

But back then they weren't licensed to work on them, so it gets political with liability and all that shit.

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I hope you are putting a metric shit ton in your retirement savings, you're gonna need it!

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what the heck. You spring for their premium goods and they treat you like an ebay customer? I would think they would be kissing your ass to examine the data or examine the suit after a crash.

4. I'm set. :)

5. For the record, I could have shipped it back to Italy to be recharged. So Dainese as a company wasn't doing me wrong or anything like that.

Just none of the US dealers/centers would/will touch it of it wasn't bought here.

Now that they sell them here, they are educated and certified to recharge them here. But when I was getting them directly from Italy, nobody here could do anything with them.

And I didn't feel like shipping it there, waiting on it to come back, all of that shit. So I just got them to ship me a new one instead.

So in fairness to the US guys, it wasn't like they were turning me down back then, they didn't have the ability to do it.

BUT...what aggravates me is that now that they ARE selling them here, they won't recharge my previous ones...even though they weren't available here when I got them. They do that to deter people from ordering them overseas rather than getting them here.

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This, along with a couple of horror stories about italian customs is the main reason I waited to get mine until they came stateside. That plus I crashed and scraped up my old suit and busted said collarbone. I am not a veteran of dirt bikes, in fact I didn't start riding a street bike until I was 18, so I chuckle when I hear about what to do with your arms, head, etc. when crashing.

When I got hit, I was on the ground and tumbling while by brain was still trying to save the crash by sticking out my knee and gassing it. In other words, there was no chance of me doing anything but flopping around. I guess I didn't develop those "instincts". :crackup:

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Those "instincts" you are laughing at are a real thing. Raced for 14 years never broke a collar bone once, and yeah I high sided, low sided, been hit by others and just about every wreck you can think of.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys have them, seriously. I'm just saying I never developed them. I need all the help I can get....thus the D-air suit.

Gorilla George and SpeedyE like this.
  9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Every time I've been flung (many), I've been asleep for the tumble.....my instincts are to go nite-nite :D

The Great One likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Edit. I was slagging the hell out of Dainese USA and after I posted continued reading the thread and got to your explanation...