1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Switch or Starter switch problems

Discussion in 'General' started by Caper, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

First off the bike is a 2006 GSXR 600. I had my motor done and upon re-installing it have had nothing but problems and havent made a race this year yet. My time is limited as I am away from home alot.
    I bought the bike as a used race bike. The clutch switch bypass was done to it and now I need to re-do it since I am basically starting from scratch with a BRAND NEW harness
    I am at the point now where there is nothing at the starter switch. I have power but no kick on the starter switch. So I am not sure if its a problem on the starter switch or has to do with the clutch switch. Anyone have any problems like this before? Or can you explain exactly how to do this clutch switch bypass. Thanks.

2. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the kick stand switch and the neutral switch.

Just thought I'd help. :Poke:

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Kick stand switch has been the cause of many a late night messing with a new harness...

4. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Theres no kickstand on the bike either guys. Not even a wire in the mounting area. I should have put that in the title i guess it could be a problem as well But like I said i cant even find the wires for the kickstand either.

5. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

When the sidestand is UP it connects two wires. If you haven't twisted those 2 wires together the bike thinks the stand is down and won't start.

Connecting the 2 wires of the clutch switch will let your bike start BUT in "get home mode" where it will be down on HP.
    Guess which run is with a clutch switch and which one isn't. Same bike. No other changes.
    [​IMG]

Twist wires for sidestand / leave wires for clutch switch connected to switch.

6. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Cool...BUT the problem is that like I said I have no wires there at all. Everything was done on the bike when I got it. Now I am trying to trace back from the main wire Harness to see if I need to do anything to the new harness. I have installed a BRAND NEW wire harness and need to verify somehow that there is nothing I need to do to this harness. The bike was running with these mods and now with the new harness its not, so I am thinking there's something that needs to be done to this harness.

7. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Found the problem. The Clutch wire runs to a Large yellow coupler on the left side of the bike. I connected a wire to the Black/Yellow and the Black/White and the ignition turns over...Awesome. NOW...to put it together and see if the new wiring harness solves the Fuel problem I had with the leads on Injector # 3.

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

why do you have your Cf set to standard?