1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch info

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Roger10, Feb 20, 2024.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm sure it's a fine product but lethal Rog ain't doing them any favors in this thread

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps his wording could have been chosen better, also the reception, and others interpretation could have also been better...but then again this is TheBeebs.

Rekluse makes some good stuff..and some stuff I was not a fan of..(3.0)..they went to a new design with the 4.0 and even their clutch fibers..very good product.
    As always YMMV.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

No, the torque delivered to the wheel while the clutch is engaged (not slipping) would be no different. However if you modified your engine to increase its torque output to the point that the stock clutch starts to slip then a clutch design with more plates (which has increased torque carrying capability) could deliver that additional torque (that causes the stock design to slip) to the wheel.

Britt likes this.
  4. 2Roger10

2Roger10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification in your reply.
    I left out the word capacity in that response.
    Which I stated in the original message with the info from Rekluse, when I said....Base numbers off of their calculations is up 21% over stock torque capacity and 10% down on lever pull over stock.

Thanks for all the comments, questions and clarifications...all good stuff guys!

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

those numbers really mean nada.
    Properly setup there is no need to pull the lever. Heck some folks completely remove the clutch lever and put a hand brake in its place.
    Also there are a plethora of lever options available for most bikes.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, they also make "Other than Auto Clutches"...they make replacement performance
    manual clutches.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no. (in my opinion)
    i've ran Rekluse clutches in my dirt bikes since 2007 or so, riding a few days a week, and owning multiple dirt bikes since this time. Rekluse makes great stuff and supports the sport through good discounts if you provide them a resume for racing.. they are on the cutting edge of stuff and they are always improving their products.

the increase in number of clutch plates using thinner plates, was an innovation, and yes, this increases surface area, greatly increasing wear reduction, especially in tough conditions. heat can be reduced too as the force is distributed over more surface. love their stuff. but.. my bikes don't get more torque from this. i get the language they use, and it's a bit of a grey area at best. but you might be able to increase the torque DELIVERY, but the torque is what it is from the motor.. and if the clutch isn't slipping, that peak number can't increase.

Will the stack with more plates in a road race bike last longer having more plates ? time will tell. but this is being applied in a totally different manner. On a road race bike, the clutch slips via a slipper clutch. and with say a Suter clutch this can be increased or decreased via shims on the bolts holding the pressure plate spings, or on a stock R6 clutch.. cutting the fingers off some of the "Y" springs on the clutch center hub. But on DIRT BIKES, the clutch is slipped on power delivery exiting corners, or going around trees, or getting over various obstacles.. if a road race bike didn't have a slipper clutch, the clutch may not be disengaged after the race start. (if you had a quick shifter)

it's awesome you are offering a free clutch to be used, but ya would have been better off just rolling with it once guys started questioning your info. this place get get a little tough and for those not properly educated on that fact, it can be brutal ;)

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I havent had any issue with the stock KTM DDS system on 4 different bikes... I havent met or ridden with anyone that has used Rekluse's other clutch products so my mistake assuming it was an auto clutch.

Britt likes this.
  9. 2Roger10

2Roger10 Well-Known Member

Correct, which is what these packs are. It's in their Torq-Drive lineup.