1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch info

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Roger10, Feb 20, 2024.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My son races an R3.

2. 2Roger10

2Roger10 Well-Known Member

Will you be at R Atlanta for the 1st endurance weekend?
    I can send it with the MotorDrone Racing team.

3. 2Roger10

Not saying the OEM stuff doesn't work. And agree if clutch packs are wearing put fast there could be a problem. But based off the GSXR pack they did, that lastested a full endurance season, and the start of another season. Plus the performance went up. It's a pretty impressive pack they made. And I want to help Rekluse get into a market they've never been in.
    Just putting it out there as another option for you guys.

4. StaccatoFan

We will not be there, but I may have some friends down their that could bring it back. I will let you know when I verify.

It's a 2015 R3.

5. StaccatoFan

I have verification. Matt and Phil Chapin will be there. If someone from the team can bring the clutch kit, Phil said he can bring it back.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah but how many race starts. Nothing you listed puts any measurable wear on a clutch pack

7. notbostrom

Increase in torque? Is this a magic clutch? If the clutch isn't slipping it isn't slipping and isn't going to increase torque. I get you are trying to promote this thing and probably getting paid for it but the BS meter is pegged in 7th gear with all the extra torque

418 and brex like this.
  8. 2Roger10

7 endurance races that i can think of, (and how many Red flags in those 7 races...not sure), a couple sprint race weekends, not sure how many open practices we did when we pulled it out.

Probably could have used it some more, but I had a new one to put it so we did, and Rekluse wanted the original back.

9. 2Roger10

Thanks for being an asshat.

I don't get paid a dime for this.

Rekluse developed a clutch pack for a few bikes, OEM was 8 plates on the R6, theirs is 13. They told me the torque value would increase over stock by 21%. The guy that used it at R Atlanta last weekend said he noticed a difference.

Believe it, don't believe it, I personally don't give a shit. Like I said, they made one, I offered it up FOR FREE with the info they gave me.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

11. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Think torque capacity. How much engine torque the clutch can hold before it starts to slip. More plates = more torque capacity.

SeventeenRR, 2Roger10 and pickled egg like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The clutch may be able to handle more torque but the engine it's bolted to isn't going to magically start making more. I can't see how you'd notice anything unless the other clutch was slipping.

MELK-MAN, 418 and notbostrom like this.
  13. notbostrom

You show up making ridiculous claims and get called out and I'm the asshat? Tells me all I need to know. Maybe it's a good product and they just chose the wrong person to promote it.

Nothing wrong with promoting just don't make stupid claims doing it. Lighter lever pull, check. Great quality, check

Lasts longer than stock? Doesn't sound like stock has an issue lasting a long time.

Can handle more torque. Meh, stock ones don't seem to be slipping even with built motors.

How long have you been racing or just a track day guy?

MELK-MAN and 418 like this.
  14. notbostrom

This

15. 2Roger10

What's ridiculous about me sharing information about a clutch pack they made, that I was given, along with the information they provided to me.

All I did was share this, and offer it up to anyone that wanted it for free, to test and give some feedback on.

You decided to chime in saying you didn't believe any of it. And that your BS meter was pegged.....whatever.
    You decided to just bitch and whine and not understand things, guess it was easier than saying, hey thanks for trying to help us all out with something that may help us on the track

16. notbostrom

You need to work on reading comprehension. I only called bullshit on the stuff that was actual bullshit. Nevermind the fact that you barely existed on here other than pimping this amazing new product that solves a problem that doesn't exist. Maybe it plays well on the track day and gixxer squid forums but not going to fly here. You clearly haven't spent enough time on the Kardashians insta page to have this influencer thing down.

17. StaccatoFan

So, I'm no Mechanical Engineer, but maybe this clutch design allows less torque to be lost as it's transitioned from the motor to the drive train?

I'm not defending either side here. I'm just thinking that when a motor is bench dyno'd and say there's 200 hp on the bench dyno, once in the chassis on a dyno the numbers will be less.
    This indicates a mechanical loss from motor to tire. We're all aware of that. Maybe this design is more efficient and recoups some of that loss?

I've read nothing about this clutch, so it's just a wild guess.

Continue.....

18. 2Roger10

What did I put on here that was bullshit?? A free clutch to try? It was 100% free
    to try. Increased torque? The information, that I've included below off their website claims up to 25% more potentially. And obviously this will be different bike to bike. Lighter lever pull? What was it that I said that was bullshit?

The below info is right off their website.

At the most basic level, a clutch pack replacement into your stock system will breathe new life into your motorcycle. By introducing more friction plates into Rekluse’s world-renowned TorqDrive Clutch Packs they’re able to vastly improve performance characteristics and add up to 25% torque increases over stock, giving the rider more drive and acceleration. In most applications, Rekluse’s basket sleeves will fit into the stock clutch basket, aiding in its lifespan and keep modulation smooth, all while keeping the stock clutch cover. The addition of Core Manual components introduces billet construction to the inner hub, pressure plate, and lighter overall weight, giving the system superior durability and lifespan and improving oil flow within the system. The extra friction disks result in more torque at the rear wheel, while the overall weight reduction and increased oil flow offer benefits like longer lifespan and improved clutch feel.

Again....I offered this up FOR FREE for anyone to try and give them some feed back on it, that's it, I'm not pimping a product. If all you want to do is be on here to make stupid ass comments, keep it to Facebook or whatever you enjoy being on.

And to answer your other question, I raced from 1994-2002, And now just ride on the street.

19. StaccatoFan

Well if they have decals, send those as well and we will run them on the bike.

Thanks for the offer.

20. 2Roger10

I don't have any, but I'll get some for you.

StaccatoFan likes this.