1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clueless Newbie survives first track day

Discussion in 'General' started by Guoseph, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!

I'm so glad no one had a stop watch for session one [​IMG]

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I had the sundial out but a cloud came over and ruined my time keeping. [​IMG]

3. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

ROTFLAMO [​IMG]

we used the same referance during the mini endurance on saturday, these poor guys on ysr's had to deal with a headwind on a 1/4 mile front straight.

4. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

I ain't drawing that for no price!!

5. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Hey you, were you using me as a back marker? I noticed I was always last bike on track while you were Grid Marshall. [​IMG]

6. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

Hey Guoseph,

Question for you... that F3 that you stayed with in session 5, what did it look like? Me and a buddy of mine both rode F3's in the street 1 class. If you were tailing him, you were riding pretty good. Me on the other hand, well, not as good but I'm getting better each time. [​IMG]

What did your bike look like? I have some digital video and may have caught you on camera a few times.

7. Tracee Polcin

It was the Honda Hurricane with most of the bodywork removed.

8. Nutella

Nutella Swollen Member

Hey -

Tracee if I had realized it was you doing tech inspect, I would have been a little more social.

I was on the red TL1000S (the really loud one) that was lucky to stay on track during StreetII.

Hey thanks for putting in the time on your sunday. I had a blast.

[This message has been edited by Nutella (edited 06-05-2001).]

9. Tracee Polcin

Hmmm, don't remember you right off hand, sorry. Glad you had fun though. [​IMG]

10. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

It was blue with some Neon green on the tail? Not sure, most of what I saw was his tail pipe [​IMG]

Or maybe it was an F2, again, it was hard to tell. I had my hands full with my own bike.

There was a guy on a CBR lookin primer black and gray bike. He was fast, I was no where near him [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Guoseph (edited 06-05-2001).]

11. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

12. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

13. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Just wanted to thank you for making me feel good. Don't worry the times will come down soon enough.

14. razor

razor Extra Large Member

Way to Go Guo!

Proud to see you made it out and could take so much away with you from the experience. It's great to see your thought process on some of this stuff. I don't know if you remember me but we talked in the rain about you doing this. I think I was one of the first people you met and talked with about this. Hope to join you out there again real soon. My work has kept me pinned down the last few weekends or I would have raced the nationals. Also, thanks for becoming a part of the GREAT GROUP of guys, and gals [​IMG], over on www.SportRiders.net

Hope you're able to make it out with the .commies next weekend. Practice makes perfect. [​IMG]

Next one for me looks like later this month at RoadA (practice) and then the races 7/7 and 7/8.

Excellent summary of your experiences too. Very helpful to others just getting started or just about to.

Maybe a ride in the NGA mountains this weekend?

Call me...

15. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Luis and I are going to Talladega again this weekend Bobby, why not come out for some fun? Show me some lines and such [​IMG]

16. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Good for you, Guo! You guys should come out and play with me sometime.... you'll suddenly feel like you're blisteringly fast! Everyone is right- the speed will come. I'm still slow, but less slow than I was in December. [​IMG] I'm having fun, and that's all I care about.

17. Tracee Polcin

What will Tom think? But if you insist. [​IMG]

18. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Tracee.....you beat me to it!!! [​IMG]

19. razor

razor Extra Large Member

Would love to join you! And I will soon. I plan to do the next FSRA track day!

My teammate, Eric Perez (#237) a.k.a. Fin1exp on here, and I are supposed to head to the lake for some training behind a ski boat and on the Wave Runner this weekend. Yes, pity us - with a boat full of hot women enjoying the water sports. [​IMG]

Feel free to come by and hang out anytime, the shop is sort of a club house. And keep telling Luis he needs to buy a track bike - it's time.

I'm 10 minutes north of Cumming right off 400 on your way to the mountains.

Bobby Glover

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whats the name of the shop?