1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clubman Comparo

Discussion in 'General' started by raTTso, Oct 1, 2008.

1. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

Theoretically and practically, which of the following bikes should/could/would be the more competitive of the pair (and why, of course :D)? I think the supermono can claim to be favored because of its "custom racebike" status, but is it enough to overwhelm the stock Duc? Both would be properly geared and hauling around a 6' tall, 175 lb rider.

Superstock '02 Ducati 750SS (specs: 375 lbs, 60 hp, 44 ft lbs).

1989 TZ 250, stock except for engine, an '82 Honda Ascot 500 motor built to 591 with lots of raceworthy parts (cam, rod, valves, springs, carb, exhaust) (specs: 245 lbs, 49 hp, 48 ft lbs).

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

So...what ya gonna do when niether bike is competitive

:beer:

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Stuff an Aprilia 550 v-twin motor in the TZ chassis an whoop ass. :up:

4. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

:D
    Gonna buy me a time machine and go back to the '90s when they were :D

5. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Who would do A thing like that.............:beer:

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

roland sands ?????????? :D

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

You get one of those, an I will get one of my 90's clubman bikes out...then we can race for last place

:beer:

8. Yama-saurus

9. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

10. Yama-saurus

11. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

That's very cool, and what the cutting edge of Clubman is all about. My question isn't really about either the Duc or the supermono I originally mentioned being a world beater in clubman. It's more about, given the differences between the two bikes I mentioned, which would beat the other?

12. Yama-saurus

my vote would be the TZ..if it was all TZ. but have to go with the Duc in your given configurations

13. Yama-saurus

14. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

Did you check out the video of the TZ/RSX550 here ? I was hoping he'd be a bit less gentle on the throttle and really let the thing roar.

15. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

The 750 was once the bike to have in Clubman but not so anymore. I'm not the fastest rider, but I worked my butt off to get smoked in Clubman Expert last time I rode my 750SS. :lol:

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

A SS 750SS is more like 395 pounds I'd guess, but anyway...the single would be better everywhere just about I'd think. It would be way more fun to ride, that's fo sho!

17. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

You and me, both, brother :beer:.

Yeah, in turns of fun factor, the single has it all over the Duc. Nothing like coming up on a wall of 600s at a track day piling up at the 200-foot brake marker and yelling in your helmet while full on the throttle, "Get out of the way!"

See, Dave knows what I mean when I ask this question! It's about the experience, don't ya know. :D

18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

just desleeve a sv650 motor and eat it up. or just buy an already desleeved 650 motor from me thats just sitting on my garage floor. :D

19. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Royal Enfield.

20. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

With a side car, while wearing Pete's spectacles.