1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Titanium exhaust: How to?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't be a Broome, leave a bit of Anarchy on your bike. Make it too pristine and it attracts the ground and crash demons. Why do you think it's mandatory to put on your brand new leathers and roll around in the dirt (well, in addition to it being fun)? Ward off the ground demons.

A few scuffs on your pipe may keep the demons away.

Plus Broome will hate it.

tophyr likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

also, don't forget to paint the wheels white.

sharkattack and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

...this shit rocks for metal...

[​IMG]

Banditracer likes this.
  4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Dowa this work in titanium? I’ve used it on aluminum end cans years ago. It seems like the anodized finish on the titanium can is pretty hard.
    Thoughts?

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That combo is great for stainless but will remove the shine from the Ti cans.
    See if you can find a fiberglass brush. That will luster them up and remove the blemishes.

6. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

WD40 and a teryycloth, shoe-shine style ...works for everything. Finish it off with a, "that looks pretty good" and move on to a more pressing task.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've used it on aluminum, steel and chrome.
    Never given titanium a go with it however.

8. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

For sure it's like a Chia Pet. Just spread the seeds, add a little water and boom a whole bike appears like magic.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I doubt your can is anodized... if it is, that would be a good reason why it won't polish up.