1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by tittys04, Feb 19, 2013.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I have a couple little questions on things I'm foggy on. I promise I've read the rule book... but my reading comprehension sucks so I'm sure I missed some things so bear with me.

1) In normal circumstances (ie, not a double header) for the sportsman series, if I register for races on Sunday (for sake of argument, let's say I register for CSS, CSB, BSS, and BSK), I know I get to practice on Sunday, correct? But what about Saturday, do I get to practice on Saturday as well, or would I need to race in a Solo race to be able to practice on Saturday?

**Ahh... I see on the "FEES" page that it says in 2012 that Saturday practice is $50 if you're not racing on Saturday, I'm assuming that is staying that way for 2013? And approximately how long is that practice? It's probably just worth it to sign up for a Solo for an extra $35 and get the practice and a race.

2) How long are Solo races?

3) I thought I read on the bbs somewhere that there is no A superbike for novice. But the rulebook specifically says "A SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and A SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE" so I'm not sure which is right. Yay or Nay on the ASK for novice?

Thanks guys.

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Exactly. Practices are usually two ~10 minute sessions depending on the event. The few extra bucks is worth it for the race!

Usually 20 laps depending on track length.

ASB Novice points from last year in my region:

http://maps.wera.com/points/showpoints.asp?x=1098&s=71323955711&rg=4&c=89

It exists.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Yah, A SBK for Ex and Nov.

Pay the extra $35 for the Sat Solo. You can just use it to practice your start, do some laps, come in, change things, etc etc. There is more practice on Sat. than Sun I think.

4. tittys04

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

And I don't know where I got that ASB doesn't exist for novice... maybe they were talking about back in the day or something. Beats me... thanks for setting me straight.

5. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I've been to events where the practices were in up to 6 or 7 distinct groups, so you usually only get 2 practice sessions. Sometimes you only get 3 or 4 laps, which is a bit intimidating at a new track. You definitely want the solo on Saturday to further learn your way around. Treat it like a track day and work up your speed. If you already know the place then by all means - race!

Other times, they combined groups down to three (light weights, middle weights, heavy weights) so we were able to get in 3 longer sessions maybe 5-6 laps each.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

No ASB Novice at a National

7. tittys04

ahhhh.... maybe that was it. :up: