1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuck Schumer does his best Any Schumer impersonation

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Mar 23, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So, a filibuster on Gorsuch, eh? :crackup:

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is bizarre. Schumer and every other Dem voted unanimously to approve him as a 9th circuit court judge and now they pull this? What do you think their strategy is because they are merely choosing how they are going to lose. But why this way?

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

If he identifies his first name as "Amy"...he will be dead on. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Payback for the Republicans following the Biden Rule.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Between this Democrat suicide and the GOP wanting to sign off on that AHCA turd it like they are in a race to see who gets hung by the yardarm first.

Man we are taking it the ass from both sides. Nobody gives a shit about what is good for American anymore.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that the Republicans will use Harry Reid's own "nuclear rule" and blow the Democrats out of the water. I want to see, at least for the next two years leading to the midterms, the Republicans screw the Democrats like a house cat in tall grass. They can just about do this using rules that the Democrats invented in the first place. :D

sharkattack and R Acree like this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The best scenario is to not have to go nuclear now, get Gorsuch in, then RBG dies around Christmas (sorry Ruth) and then go nuclear on that pick.

The closer RBG lives to 2018 the less stomach the RINOS will have for a fight for a court shifting pick.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not sure the undead can die

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

The Dems would be silly to filibuster the Gorsuch confirmation. By all accounts his hearing went extremely well. He came off as someone who isn't going to put politics ahead of the law. Maybe this is why the Dems don't want him confirmed for SCOTUS. And I agree, no need for the Repubs to go nuclear on this one. But on the other hand, Thank you Harry. LOL

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Vote on AHCA has been postponed / delayed. Thank goodness. Hopefully Trump will realize he needs to repeal more, it will get tweaked and passed yet this week.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Repeal the ACA and get back to insurance by insurance companies...anything less will just eventually lead to gooberment insurance. I don't give a flying f*ck about pre-existing conditions....you know, if you were stupid enough to not cover your ass when you were well, why is it my problem? Knock down the barriers to competition, fine, I'm cool with that.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, we know that the left leaning members of Congress tend to forget the rule of law pretty regularly. Take Al Franken when he was grilling Gorsuch. Franken kept coming back to the truck driver fired because he defied company rules in a case that Gorsuch wrote a descent on several years ago. Franken complained that Gorsuch supported the driver's firing in spite of the fact that the weather conditions were dangerous but had nothing to do with the decision facing the court. Franken supported ignoring of the law in favor of making a decision based on emotion. I was sure as hell wishing that Gorsuch had had the option of ripping Franken a new one over Franken's ignorance of the rule of law.

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would like to see Obamacare fully eliminated, insurance company's restrictions on sales of policies across state lines eliminated, and a ton of regulations and restrictions on healthcare removed with no new Government interference. Let that plan run for 6 or 7 years just to see what kind of benefits we the people might see then make adjustments accordingly as needed. Would it work?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unregulated insurance companies. What could possibly go wrong? :D

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm good with sales of policies across state lines. It makes sense, especially for employers who provide benefits in multiple states.

But, removing regulations and restrictions on healthcare might have unintended consequences. I already deal with too many hospitals concerned with profit over patient care. Ever heard of a healthcare organization who buys failing hospitals like flipping houses? Think of Martin Shkreli buying cheap drugs and jacking up the price with no new advantages to the customer. It'll happen more as healthcare organizations consolidate in the face of fewer regulations.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, insurance companies are one of the most regulated business communities in the country and if all of the regulations were eliminated there might be a consideration of price gouging on their part. That would not however, eliminate the laws on price gouging. They could still be allowed to make a decent profit but stopped from charging completely outrageous prices.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not only this but the manner in which Franken went about it was so condescending and confrontational to the point that it didn't serve any purpose other than Franken being a complete asshole while being determined to get his pound of flesh. He tried multiple times to bait Gorsuch and when Gorsuch didn't take the bait, as he continued to state the facts of the law/case etc, Franken only became more frustrated and more upset. Does this go unnoticed on anyone.

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

When Franken said he's not an attorney but he's been listening over 8 years or whatever . That had to be a nice feeling for Gorsuch. At least this dweeb admitted he shouldn't be listened to

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That was an incredibly efficient slaughter of Franken. Gorsuch said very few words and made Franken look like the crayon eating moron that he is. That was an epic smackdown.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but isn't a Franken smackdown a lot like clubbing baby seals?