1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I fucking love fixing me some OG Incandescent Christmas Lights!!!!

We have this 14' pre-lit fake tree that eats these damn bulbs every year. Nothing better than hunting down the fallen to replace them with a fresh bulb that might last a full year!

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Remove the bulbs and get yourself some LEDs, brah.

Brian Van and K51000 like this.
  3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Lol....just imagine the nightmare my neighbor goes thru every year!

FB_IMG_1575401799064.jpg

Brian Van and NemesisR6 like this.
  4. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I tapped out years ago, wife and daughter do it. Bah Humbug!

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I rewired one of my trees with all LEDs. I would not recommend that path. Throw away or donate the tree and get a pre-lit one with LEDs. The time value of money was just not worth it for me, plus it is virtually impossible to get the lights as well strung as a factory placement. It all depends on how much your time is worth to you.

So are you saying there are LED bulbs that can replace incandescent bulbs in the mini-sized Christmas light sets? I have not seen those. The sockets are not standard for starters.

K51000 likes this.
  7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Amazing how much the house itself looks like the Griswold's as well.....

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  8. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Love our C9 lights. So does the electric company.

Attached Files:

OGs750 likes this.
  9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah. Last year was my first Christmas in a house I owned and I'd be dammed if I was going to string up LED.

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Our neighbors have a little ceremony when they light the house each year and homeowner wears a jersey with GRISWOLD on the back. lol This year they didn't do as many lights but in the past, the upper roof and sides were fully covered. Shit, one year he rented a snow gun and covered his entire front yard with snow for the kids (he has a live santa there one night and also does a Toys For Tots collection!

11. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I bought solar powered leds a few years ago for the outside. Best investment ever at maybe $20 for a 50' string. They charge all day, come on automatically at night, work every year I pull them out of the box, and have half a dozen different display modes.

2 years ago I finally broke down and bought a fake prelit tree. I've had real trees my whole life. After we moved to the desert there was nowhere to cut one down so it was tree lot or nothing. At over $100 for a tree trucked in from two states away that barely lived a month I gave up.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

got me a laser sparkle shooter light at aldi's this year. $19.99 and that's it.

Steeltoe and cha0s#242 like this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're fkn weird man.

15. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

We got one of those laser lights that project on your house a few years ago. Fuck. That. Thing! Every time you walk out the front door you are pretty much assured to get a laser directly in the eye. I'm yelling and cussing because my damn kids keep looking out the windows and getting zapped. My cats are going crazy when the lights shine into the house. It lasted a night before I ran outside, eyes shielded to stomp on it...considered it but decided I wouldn't even return it to get my $40 back because I'd feel guilty if some other fool bought it.

orangesuzuki and Phl218 like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Haha. Kiddo and I just put it up. Dog is going up the walls.

love it

pscook likes this.
  17. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Do not look into the light! Them shits are dangerous I tell ya!

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

we never use the front door

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Back door man ... Nice

auminer and Steeltoe like this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

thought that as I clicked post reply and decided to leave it there

[factually it’s the garage door and geometrically the side door]