1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy Transmission issue

Discussion in 'General' started by colin96, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Wow!! Yea, when i worked for them, their original warehouse was off LaVista Road/285, on Weems Road. Not surprised theyve moved tho, as that area is.........well.........lets just say NOT a desirable place to run a business these days. LoL

I'd be interested to know if the owner is the same guy that i worked for back in the day.

Very cool, tis a small world thats for sure. :up:

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

They used that family of transmissions in a lot of things...those GM tranniers are found in BMW's and Volvos as well....and same thing. X3's are known to grenade reverse. Friends parents went to test drive a brand spanking new X3 from the dealer and the thing wouldnt go in reverse....pathetic.

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yup usually the splines strip and thats all she wrote. If you have zero education on transmissions, do yourself a favor and BUY one with a warranty, I'd actually go with a GM reman if you plan on keeping the truck for a while. Transmissions are not hard to screw up when rebuilding and some have updates to make them last longer, none of which you get usually when you rebuild them yourself. I'm a mechanic and I dont even like rebuilding transmissions, too much BS to go wrong and then your stuck redo-ing the whole damn thing.