1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat GPT - Birth of Skynet?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Mar 26, 2023.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Even Elon is pushing for a pause in the development of chat bots... And he's our moral and intellectual superior !

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They couldn't even get 3D TVs to a point that they were good enough to take over the market. This the next big investor cash suck that will result in very little. There is no actual intelligence behind it. It is only regurgitating information of which it has been fed. It will be just one more thing I ignore.

How about all those voice assistants that large piles of money were spent on developing that they are about to abandon because they can't convert them into money makers?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh I dunno, just about every company you call has one that wants you to explain your issue and summarize the Book of Job before they finally transfer you to a human being who knows less about fixing the issue than the AI does. Someone made some bank selling that.

BigBird likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, Italy says Skynet.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It was over when every selfie posting female discovered photo filters. :D

HPPT likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

OMG you’re a fucking savage!

[​IMG]

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

So the people who built the ameca robot have integrated it with chatgpt4. Check this video on YouTube. Shits insane.

I don’t see how this won’t lead to a paperclip maximizer type situation. even if Open AI puts up amazing guardrails on its invention, this is a shot across the bow to other tech companies. The race for AGI is ON. And more people will start taking risks to get the next best thing. check out the last two lex Friedman podcasts with the founder of openAI and Elizer Yudkowsky.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

and how many billions of dollars in design research has been going into 3-D TVs vs. AI

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been watching a lot of crime type shows as background noise lately and the dumb shits running missing persons "charities" are actually putting up these obviously filtered pics from social media for people to use to find the person.... It's a serious WTF moment, they don't look like that, why the hell use the picture??

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, that's where I look to for logical governing :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Political post. Ban yourself. :D

Or even can you ban yourself?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I cannot sadly. I've tried :crackup:

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Okay everyone you can take a deep breath and relax. I decided to ask ChatGPT "Will you ever become sentient?"

It responded, "As an artificial intelligence language model, I do not possess consciousness, emotions, or self-awareness. I am a machine learning model created by OpenAI, and my responses are generated based on patterns learned from vast amounts of text data during the training process. I do not have the ability to become sentient or self-aware. AI models, including language models like me, are designed to perform specific tasks based on their programming and do not possess human-like consciousness or subjective experiences."

I mean ... surely it wouldn't lie about something like that, right?

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I personally don’t think machines will be capable of consciousness until true quantum computing is actualized. Intelligence yes but not qualia or agency or free will. I happen to side with Penrose on consciousness being non computational or quantum in nature.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you guys discuss such matters around a glass of wine when you get together with the old gang? :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’d die to have a glass of wine with Sir Roger. I watch pretty much every lecture or interview of his I can find on the interweb. we’re pals, it’s just a one sided relationship :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think there is a Sir Roger in the gang I had in mind but okay. :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

20. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I am not at all concerned about a "sentient" AI - by my definition anyway it is an impossibility. However I am concerned about AI that has been given, or takes control over damn
    near "everything" on earth and begins to "think" that it knows better than we do about what is best for "what ever", and how to achieve it in the most efficient method.

An AI programmed by the socially awkward computer geek who never had a date in high school, and now has the seeds of ultimate revenge in it's very code.

It won't really be like "Terminator" - much more like the Butlerian Jihad in the Frank Herbert "DUNE" universe, where basically, an AI sets it's army of hybrid
    human/machine critters against humanity and then sits back with a HUGE bowl of popcorn. It ain't pretty, but of course the book was written by a human so we end up winning......sort of anyway.

Still looking for that "OFF" button. :crackup:

Killswitch and CBRRRRR999 like this.