1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain and sprockets

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by coot74, Feb 10, 2011.

1. coot74

coot74 New Member

Hey im new to racing, I will be running the North Fla. series I will be riding a 2006 Gsxr600 im trying to find the rite gear combo and chain length, for the tracks im going to a #520
    any help would be good help Thanks

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I run 15/43 on my 2007. I'm not sure on chain length, I'd have to count the links to see. I set it up so my axle is in the middle of the adjustment area on the swingarm so I had room to change rear sprockets in either direction, larger or smaller than the 43.

3. coot74

coot74 New Member

Thanks Josh ,, and this will work for like tally, roeblin and jennings ?? Thanks again

4. gixxersmitty

I've never been to Roebling or Jennings but it worked pretty good at Talledega. I dont know if it helps any but I like it best at Road Atlanta. I'm not one to swap out gearing so I dont have much reference, but I did have to use a 44 rear at Road Atlanta and didnt like it. My old 43 gave up during Saturday practice and all my buddy had was a 44 so I put it on to finish the weekend. I had better shift points with the 43.

5. coot74

coot74 New Member

Thanks for the info .... See You at the track

6. gixxersmitty

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I ride an '03 600RR, so I don't want to speculate on gearing for your gixxer.

The WERA N. FL. tracks are:

Road A
    Barber
    JenningsGP
    'Lil Tally
    Roebling

Gearing for Barber, JGP, and Tally will be similiar, if not the same. Road A & Roebling will differ from those 3 for sure.

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Gearing depends on your speed as much as anything.

-1+2 on that bike will work decent on all the N.Fl tracks, until you start to get faster, then you will find places that it may not work as well

I use a tooth or two different on almost all of those tracks for personal preference. I think maybe two of them I use the same gearing setup.