1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR F3 Sprocket change

Discussion in 'Tech' started by adamh_2002, Apr 8, 2004.

1. adamh_2002

adamh_2002 Member

I am new to this board and I need some advice. My cbr comes with stock sprockets of 15/43 I believe and a 530 chain. I want to convert it to a 520 chain I think:confused: and I want to go one down and two up. I want to know how much will I sacrafice on top speed for how much gain on low end, and what is recommended for doing this.

2. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Parts wise I would recommend a DID ERV2 chain. For the sprockets I would say AFAM.

As for the gearing I would try to find out from someone that raced an F3 at your track what gearing they would recommend.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

15/44,45,46 will do you just fine.It depends on riding style,mods ect. If you can only afford 1 rear, I would say 45.

4. adamh_2002

adamh_2002 Member

Thanks, I think I will go 45 in the rear and just leave it as 530(stock)...the cheap way.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You can start that way, but the 520 does make a difference,5lbs less unsprung weight.

6. adamh_2002

adamh_2002 Member

I think I will bite the bullet and go 520 get a 15 for the front 45 for the rear.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Let me know,I can get you good prices on whatever sprockets and chain you need.I prefer Vortex.

8. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Most excellent info!! :clap:

I've a '94 F2 and have really benefitted from reading this.

9. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

5 lbs? :confused: More like 1/2 lb.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Really?Stock steel sprocket weighs how much? 530 compared to 520. You might want to check your scale.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You change gearing? I just run whats on the bike everywhere. It works out ok

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Cherry Picker:Poke:

13. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

It sounded like you were referring to the difference between a 530 chain + aluminum sprocket, and a 520 chain + aluminum sprocket. The difference is in ounces.

Now I see what you're saying.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

10-4:)

15. stickboy274

Don't I wish. Not only do I not pick others cherries, I don't have any of my own left anymore. They were taken a long time ago

16. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

kinda difficult to cherry pick with a clapped out POS.....:D

stick, when you actually go fast on that thing????
    you better show some progress or ..... you get the BENT swing arm back!!!!!!!

:Poke: :beer:

17. stickboy274

Dammit! don't do that to me again. You made me suffer through two seasons of that. We took it to a third in the nation in endurance and third in the region for V7 to earn that straight swingarm.

Stupid bike owners, they are so tempermental.......did I say that out loud?

Sorry

18. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

happy easter stick and crew...:beer: :D :D :D :D :D

19. stickboy274

Hey, Happy Easter tou the two of you also.