1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB350 Racer Project

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by footwork, May 3, 2002.

1. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I have a project bike with all the pieces needed to build a fast Honda 350. Buffalo front with Vintge Brake, clubman bars, 4
    plug head, Todd Pistons, light crank, Megacycle,
    RD Springs, Mikuni VM32, flowed cylinder head and gusseted frame.Tires are Dunlop K124's unused but 2 years old. Comes with race tank and seat that needs minor touch up and fitment solutions. Needs ignition and exhaust and some rearset work. An almost ready to race setup. Price is $1800.

2. STAN LIPERT

STAN LIPERT Well-Known Member

Buff,
    Why don't you finish it ,win one race, and sell it for $3500?Slap a Dyna and battery(stock coils if you want)Have your local welder(maybe Rick at a local race?)MIG some rearset mounts,battery tray,seatmount,finish with Krylon.Cost $200 tops.I may have a good exhaust for you,I'm thinking of upgrading my current set.Who did the head?how much flow?See you (and you can see Tina and baby Tatiana)at Putnam,CB350 and Drixton 500 in tow.Did you talk to Dave?I'm too ashamed to talk to him,but I gots to know!
    Stan

3. STAN LIPERT

P.S. my member is not junior! ask Tina! Who is spreading false rumors?

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

stan,
    will you be racing the 250gp class at putnam?i believe you were working on a 200. is the drixon for f500 ?

5. STAN LIPERT

My race program for '02 is to race my CB350 in V1,race the Kurt Liebman origional Drixton/CR450 Honda in V2&500GP.(Sponsored by Gianinni Racing, HMF engineering(dyno work and fabrication),Kurt Liebman,&Alpinestar boots)I'll race Summit,Putnam,&Nelson.That should be enough for championships if I have what it takes.Sorry, because of the limited vintage classes,the RD400 will sit in the garage.I'd love to race in V3 with a smoker, but the powers that be stole my fun.I simply have no budget to race AHRMA or USCRA,(Man,it hurts not to race Loudon,or Mosport for that matter)The CB160 is stalled until I can rangle some time on a mill to cut valve pockets and deck cylinders.I'm lazily shopping for a mill right now,so who knows?By the way,did anyone notice the four-stroke heavyweight potential at Putnam?Buffinator,Swartout maybe?,Team Steve-O,Wes Orloff maybe?,one suddenly bad-ass B50 to boot.Feeling out the competition,I see!
    Stan

6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

v2 is looking really fun now.

7. footwork

V2

Now??? Did you miss the season opener in Savannah?
    :p

8. footwork

V2

Now??? Did you miss the season opener in Savannah?
    :p

9. STAN LIPERT

Yea,
    It was getting a little boring in the F-RD/F-500 classes,good action and competition in V2!

10. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

oh please stan! if you bring your rd to putnam im going to flog you like an american in singapore!:)
    hey that drixon is f500 legal.

11. STAN LIPERT

If I ride the Drixon in F-500,my poor little Hon-do 350 sits while there is fun to be had in V1.So many bikes,so few races.Anyway,at Summit,I only needed the 350 to run down Phil Busch to take second overall in the first race,at a running pace with (My sponsored rider)Rich Lucas in sight in first,before the rain started and stopped the fun.Please,leave the bamboo cane at home,maybe I can hold on to you F-500 guys for a lap or two at Putnam wit' a wittle four-stroke.

12. Jim Swartout

Jim Swartout Well-Known Member

:) If the parts God is smiling and I can remember how to assemble the parts in the right order (sequence numbers have worn off the parts) I intend to race V1, V2, V3 and V6 at Putnam.

After a slow troubled start at Savannah and Daytona I am
    ready for some close racing like the start of the 500 Sportman
    at Daytona. Due to tuning problems, I only ran a couple
    of laps before the CB350 engine stopped revving over 9000.

I contacted Bill Moeller tonight via e-mail to see if he was
    planning on racing. Also, on occasion Harold Page has been
    at Putnam. It would be great if everyone would show up and
    should produce some great, challenging 4-stroke racing.....:D

Take Care

Jim

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

hey jim,
    bring roger with you, he needs practice anyway! to bad wera vintage kicked out two-strokes this year, there would have been several more fast guys in V3.

14. footwork

Sound Like were gonna have some fun in Putnam guys.
    I cant make the practice day(unless I drive all night Thurday) so mabey Stan and Jim will show me some lines so I won't get lost during the race. Eric cook and Mike Schulte will be there too so we will have a big field it seems. Who knows, Tim Joyce could show up as well. Who will win overall? A V1 bike or a F500 machine????

Buff

15. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Man we are going to have a blast,can't wait till putnum....Now if i can just stay up front with you guys....................

16. Jim Swartout

Scott:

I will try, you know Roger is getting old!

He actually has been working on the two Kaws expecting to have them ready by Putnam.

Jim

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

jim,
    tell roger ill be there with my h1 also.
    scott

18. Jim Swartout

Add Bill Moeller's name to the V1 and V2 class at Putnam Park.
    Another fast rider/Honda 350 to add to the mix! :D

I am sitting on the CB350 ready to go, but unfortunately
    it doesn't have an engine right now. :(

Take Care

19. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

your not alone,some of my engine is on the bench and some if it is even in florida,oh well won't be the first time i put one togeather with only a few days to spare.....:rolleyes:

20. footwork

PUTNAM

C-mon Jim, we know you will have it back together in time, don't try and put us to sleep. What went south on your motor anyway? How about Wes Orloff? I know he is very fast also but recovering from wrist surgery- he may show up too. If I get my tax return in time I will try and spring for practice - I heard the track is tricky to learn.

Buff