1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carvana experience

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Sep 13, 2020.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I found a vehicle on Carvana that is priced competitively so before jumping in I wanted to check in with the all knowing beeb to see if anyone has used them and if the experience was good / bad.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I haven't personally used them, but I have spoken to several people who have and they all have had a great experience.

Me personally, I refuse to do business with people like Carvana, Carmax, etc. Their No Haggle, this is the price, take it or leave it attitude doesn't sit well with me along with the we're going to give you 500 bucks under wholesale for trade/buy so we can turn around and sell it at retail just isn't right to me.

3. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I listed a car for sale on Craigslist and received a message with a offer and thought it was a scam from them. I called them instead and all I can say is wow, easiest transaction ever. The girl Uber to my house, took a couple pics, drove 50 yards down the street and handed me a check and drove off. I had less than 10 min on phone and then about 15 min when they picked it up. So easy a caveman can do it

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Can you test drive cars at Carvana? We recently got one here but I don't know much about them.

I love carmax because they have damn near everything there so if you are not locked in to what you want you can at least see a fairly good example of xyz vehicle and take it for a spin.

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe they will bring it to your house to let you test drive it, but that may vary based on location and if the car is at your nearest Carvana.

6. S Tsotsoros

I agree the no haggle policy puts the buyer at a disadvantage which makes it important to research before buying. Seems they make up for it by making the experience super easy.

7. S Tsotsoros

They have a 7 day return policy

BigBird likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I bought my truck thru them a couple years ago.
    They were much cheaper than all the local dealers.
    Delivered it from Atlanta area to MI.
    Easy process.
    They had an issue with the proof of insurance and getting my MI title. My temp plate was going to expire so they rented me a car for a week until I got my plates.

great customer service.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see the disadvantage. This is the price, buy or go elsewhere. Seems simple to me.

bored&stroked likes this.
  10. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Agreed. Isn't that how it works in just about every other store? Do you go grocery shopping and haggle with the manager over the price of what's in your cart? I'll concede that for some reason people love to negotiate on cars though. Saturn tried to cater to women and get away from the shady car salesman image and it didn't work.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't help they only sold the crap end of the GM line too :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I agree 100%. That back and forth talk to the manager bullshit just pisses me off too.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do my research so I won't pay Carvana pricing but depending on the vehicle I've had good luck at Carmax, yeah paid a little more but the lack of bullshit was worth a few hundred.

14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

It probably started with good intentions, i.e. if they could make a little on the loan, they could get you a lower price and you'd have to finance less, but it quickly became just another way to obfuscate numbers and a mind game sales tactic.

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

F salesmen and haggling over price. I hate that more then any other part of the process.
    Don't like the trade in value? Sell it yourself.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like the "game" is finding the best deal. But only through online and the phone. I ain't stepping into a dealership unless everything is ready to sign and drive when I get there.

The luxury makes, Mazda and VW and interestingly enough Chrysler, have been very good at the No BS. Honda and Toyota... Good luck.

They are usually new cars, so don't really need to test drive.

~sent from mobile

17. S Tsotsoros

I’m definitely on board with the no BS aspect of Carvana.

Going to a Dealer can be like stepping on a rake. Last new car I bought I negotiated over the phone and told the Dealer if I wasn’t in and out in 45 minutes the deal was off. It took all of 45 minutes but they made it happen.

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Used a car buyer when I bought my last car. Easiest process ever, never even picked up the phone until the tall blonde dropping off the car to tell me she was :30 minutes away.

Handed me the keys, setup the garage opener, signed papers and she was out in 10 minutes.