1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

canyon dancer size?

Discussion in 'General' started by Derrick1, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

I'm setting up my pickup to haul my bike and I need to get a canyon dancer. What size will fit my 06 GSXR 750?

Short
    Standard
    X wide
    XX wide

I know I should and will purchase the second model with the cups.

Thanks in advance, guys.:up:

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

3. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Standard should be fine.

4. Derrick1

I've heard the new model with the 'cups' won't mess up your grips.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking...just ordered one along with a folding ramp.

5. eboos

eboos Slowski

I have the new one with the cups, and so far, I like it. It is easy to use, and it only puts a little pressure on the outer most edge of the grip. The barends are what take the most pressure, and that is of little concern anyway. For my bike with clipons, I use a short. For a stock GSXR, measure the bar width and then deside what size you need.

6. 03 Double R

03 Double R Active Member

Which ramp did you end up ordering? Im not satisfied with the one I have.

7. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

I swapped to he cup version too. No more ripped grips!

8. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

2nd on the Cycle Cinch...canyon dancer was much too hard on the grips

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pit-Bull trailer restraint. No more tie downs.

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

11. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Beat me to it!:stupid:

12. Derrick1

I ordered one off of motorcycle superstore. It's actually a folding ATV ramp...44 inches wide. That way I'll have enough room to walk up beside the bike and not need any assistance loading it. I believe it is made by Fly Racing and is around 140 bucks.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

the standard one will work for any racebike and any dirtbike w. regular bars, and all in between. I've been using them since they came out over 20 years ago and haven't ever damaged a grip in any way. It's a motorcycle, not a bucking bronco...you don't have to strap it down as hard as you think. That said, the Cycle Cinch is an improvement on the design.

14. If you are messing up grips with a Canyon Dancer, you are strapping the bike down waaaaay too tightly. That's a recipe for bent parts, especially on a lightweight sportbike.