1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone direct me to the how to get rid of moles thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Apr 29, 2024.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm sure there is one. They laughed at the caster oil pellets. I got nothing short of a garden hose over the end of the scooter exhaust.

Not sure if I go wile e coyote or Bill Murray.

What's my move?

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

A cat that hates moles. Ski

Banditracer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Get yourself a good tomcat and treat him well. Your yard will be free of anything that crawls or flies. Now your doorstep is another story. Just be prepared for a many headless carcass.

skidooboy, G Dawg and RRP like this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

milky spore

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Google "Low Rider" lyrics.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My neighbors have an outdoor cat that always hangs out on my back porch but never kills the chipmunks. Do cats really work on a pay up front basis? May need to start getting out some hot dogs when she's around. :D

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Shotgun. watch for movement in tunnels, blast.

It`s a good time. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get rid of their food source and they'll leave for the neighbors.

11. notbostrom

Food source is my lawn

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't eat grass or weeds.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Yep, kill the grubs and they'll move on.

StaccatoFan and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Call Bill Murray.

auminer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. notbostrom

I am Bill Murray

16. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper Active Member

My Grandmother would put the hose in one end of their tunnel and then stand along the path with a hoe. With four strokes it was over. Stroke one chopped them in half, stroke two dug a shallow grave, stroke three pushed the little carcass into it, and four covered them up. She was so efficient. The first time my city girlfriend (now my wife) saw that violence she just stood there with her mouth agape and a face full of horror.

SGVRider and YamahaRick like this.
  17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I 'patrol' my 1 acre every day....When I see a new tunnel, i stop, and just wait to see any movement. If I see the ground move, I sneak up on it, wait till it's got a good dig going on, and then proceed to stomp it out with the heel of my red wings.

Or, if I see a tunnel but not movement, I walk on the tunnel to smash it down. I leave, come back in 15 mins, and like clockwork, the perp is re-opening the tunnel and the 2 step stomp continues.

IDK if the mole thinks that an intruder is in their tunnel or what. But seems like they're hell bent on re-digging it asap.

I thought about poison since I don't have my dog anymore.

https://www.domyown.com/talpirid-mo...GyAOunW6FjjgLnjZXzEQK4uSTjxUK7UwaAtKjEALw_wcB

18. This. Grub x or some stuff like that on your lawn, DO NOT put any on your neighbors yard if yall are buddies. Let your buddy deal with them :). You can also buy those smoke things that are less than $10 for a 4 pack but that’s an instant but temporary solution. Around here it’s grubs so get rid of the food and no moles. Also good practice here in case hogs come around and are looking for food.

Norton 357 likes this.
  19. Start shooting at the ground like a mad man, too much work stomping :)

gapman789 likes this.
  20. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of the grubs is a good step but they might still be a problem, they also eat earthworms and you can't get rid of those.

I have used a bait that looks like an earthworm and it was effective, so much so that NC outlawed the bait. Foxes, coyotes and cats will catch and eat the moles after they get the poison.

There are traps too that spike them in the ground but you have to figure out which tunnels are active for those to work.

I like the shootin up the ground idea! Some rat shot in a 357 sounds like a blast

cav115 likes this.