1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. No, it’s an invite only thing. I’ve done it quite a few times, quite fun, especially if you are fully licensed to go at speed.

2. At least. And I’m sure #1 will hit barret Jackson and end up in the hands of rick Hendrick for charity.

3. It’s still a GM, I’d expect nvh issues but overall vettes seem to be not too bad as far as reliability. That being said they usually don’t get massive miles on them either. It will be noisy inside but fast :).

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

#personal_batmobile

looking good winthorp...

5. And they will continue to fall when a zl1 is in vette territory plus you have the hellcat, gt 350 etc. Their low level one is still heavy and slow conpared with a mustang with small motor in it. Plus a lot of people think it’s just too big and clumsy looking.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

the mid section reminds me of the Audi R8.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

probably been answered earlier in the thread but I'm not going to look: What are the boby panels made up? That horrible plastic they used on recent corvettes, fiberglass, steel, aluminum?

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Kids...

THE LIST of most Beautiful Cars goes as follows
    Ferrari 250 GTO
    Ferrari 275 GT/4 cam
    Ferrari 250 GTB SWB
    McLaren F1
    Ferrari 288 GTO
    Ferrari 308/328
    Porsche 550 Spyder
    All other Ferrari's except The GT4 (yuck), Mondial (double Yuck), and the 356/512 BB cause they is U. G. L. Y.

Somewhere below the pinto are the other road going Porsche's.

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yer gonna’ burn the clutch outta’ that thing.

Not a single Delahaye or Bugatti? No Miura? C’mon!

10. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I'm excited about this one! My Gallardo is gone in anticipation of this one. Will be nice having easier parts/workshop availability. Probably pick one up after the initial hype dies down. And hey, I'm turning 40 soon, I think it's a requirement I buy a Vette.

XFBO, roy826ex and ducnut like this.
  11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

The C8 is ugly.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, the black is OK because it hides all the mess going on.

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

But... But... If the Gallardo is gone, you can't have a "My Other Car is a Lamborghini" license plate frame on the Vette. :)

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's 355 and older stuff. Engine out for everything. I forget how much my Stradale oil changes were... $1,200 I think.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Pretty cool car for Chevy to make. I think all the wheels look like shit tho.

BigBird and NemesisR6 like this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Agreed.

Only major gripes I have with the design is the busy-ness of all the wheel designs (what happened to the simple 5-spoke?) and the rear end, especially the package with the hideous wing. Wonder if Chevy will every get on the active-aero bandwagon or if that would drive up the price point too much.....

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I believe it is the same, but better-ish

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

it weighs about 150 more pounds than the C7 :confused:

why are the headlight so long and large?:confused:

also with the Targa roof off it looks quite nice. A nice NSX-T with a camaro rear

ducnut likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Purely by chance I found myself test driving a corvette ON MY 40th BIRTHDAY last year. I had a bit of a chuckle when I realized what I was doing.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Because they're from the Camaro

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019