1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I don't know but it would only be a good thread if they were friends with Melka. :D

2. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I'd just like to point out that Mongo being an asshole may be the only substantiated point in all of Greg's rants. :crackup:

vizsladog likes this.
  3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It's not like that's a new anomaly as well.

dickie doo likes this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Melka, please tell us what you know and stop with the imaginary excuses.

You either know things or you have bias way exceeding just playing devil's advocate, or most likely both. It's plain to see.

vizsladog likes this.
  5. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Surely there must be a build sheet to prove that he paid for a bike with rods in it.

I try to see all sides of the story, giving FSR the benefit of the doubt, given the age of the build, I could see a scenario playing out that Frank asked for rods (as shown in Franks text) Mark telling him not enough time to get the rods (quite plausible given the wait I had for rods in my SV), Frank saying OK and the motor getting built as MJ said it was.

Fast forward 3 years, FSR is selling the bike, remembers emphatically that it has rods and all sorts of whiz bang stuff in it and advertises it as such. OP buys bike, motor feels soft, checks on the rods, oops, no rods. Calls FSR, FSR freaks cause he's stressed to the nuts with work and travelling every weekend and making sure kids got all he needs for racing.

FSR goes full NY. OP goes Cartman demanding authoritah be respected.

At the end of the day, I really think FSR misremembered what was in the motor, but needs to step up and make things right.

And Greg, if you think that buying a bike without everything written down is bad, what does that make buying a built motor without a detailed work order and/or invoice?

6. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Fuggin' A, bottom line right here. Sr advertised and sold a bike as XYZ, seller pays the $12k, takes delivery, then finds out he only got XY, contacts seller, gets cussed, digs further, finds out he really only got X. If Babuska had an ounce of integrity, he'd have already came to pick up the bike and given the OP his $12k back.

ToofPic, vizsladog and BigBird like this.
  7. At the end of the day, after a gillion pages of going back and forth, that is what it boils down to.

He was told he could get x bike for $12k.
    He paid $12k and got y bike.

The bike was advertised with x motor with x parts...and that is not what was delivered. Even putting the motor stuff aside, FBS removed the Brembo parts prior to delivery and didn't sort the suspension as promised.

The fault, beginning to end, lies 100% with FBS.

ToofPic, pscook, Rebel635 and 4 others like this.
  8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

:))

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

First Part
    The OP has the right to go after Frank Sr. for;
    1) parts missing from the bike. (no potential culpability for MJ)
    2) parts missing from the motor. (*may have culpability for MJ)
    Both things are missing contrary to the discussion/communication between the OP and Frank Sr about the state of the bike that was purchased. The missing parts are evident by their absence on the bike that was sold, and missing motor parts were confirmed as absent by an independent tear-down.

Second Part
    Regarding the engine build, Frank Sr. has the right to go after the Engine Builder if:
    1) parts missing from the motor were paid for but not installed.

The two transactions are completely separate and one has no bearing on the other. Two completely separate transactions. In each transaction, the person getting shafted has to go after the one doing the shafting, but they are independent of each other. Just because Frank Sr. may have gotten fscked by MJ, doesn't mean he has the right to pass that along to the OP.

That the OP needs redress from Frank Sr.
    is completely separate from the fact that
    Frank Sr needs redress from MJ if (and only if) the parts were paid for but not installed.

10. This. Regardless of who, what, why how and what was or wasn't in that motor that is between Sr and the engine builder. Bottom line is a bike was sold and not what was advertised, albeit very crappy documentation to go along with "as advertised".

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

OP, when is the last time you contact FBS?

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Shortly, through counsel this time.

13. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

wow, just when I thought no way possible to catch yet another gear on this thread.....

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]

daveknievel, t11ravis, flyboy and 3 others like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So next time you have a plumbing issue give them a call. :D

16. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

hopefully things get sorted out now ... chance for 100?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll substantiate it myself :D

Bruce, SupermotoFan and dickie doo like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18 pages is nothing around here :D

dickie doo likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Truth! Gotta support fellow racers :D

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What was the Durrani thread page count???? Can this topic top it?? We shall see next week….