1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Ok I missed that. I don't agree with writing a fake review. I misunderstood your quarrel.

2. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

:timeforabeer:

3. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

It's 7:32am... But it is Friday.... Ok I'm in!

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Page 60 ...I knew the beeb still had it

:beer:

5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Um,Mark was called. He said he built a 2mm cheater motor. Motor was inspected and was exactly what mark said It was. mark said Frank owes him money and parts.

Other parts on bike were not as advertised

Just wondering how mark gets blamed here?

throwdown and BC like this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Because it's worth (X) number more pages.

SpeedyE and vizsladog like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Melka, while you know I love ya but you're grasping at straws and not adding things up.

Think of it this way: there is no way it wouldn't have been a built up motor. Lil babuska would know immediately if it were not a fully built motor. Hes talented enough to notice 10-15 hp difference in a 600.

And that still doesn't explain the other missing stuff...

assjuice cyrus, XFBO, noles19 and 2 others like this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I wonder if this is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. I'm thinking that the racing funds were dwindling to the point that the only way to keep a bike on track was to start selling assets to get cash in hand. Cash was owed to people upstream and the intent of selling was probably to pay off those debts and have some funds left over. An unfortunate death spiral of debt and trying to generate cash ensues. The man wants to keep his son racing and probably has in mind that one day the results will pay off financially. I'm sure this isn't the only time someone has gone down this path before.

Now whether he thought the wish list was what was in the motor and he just didn't realize or that he sold the bike knowing the wish list wasn't in the motor is the crux of the issue to me. I'm speculating the cash paid for the bike is no longer available to refund the buyer. Perhaps there's some other resolution the seller can provide to resolve the situation. I don't think a witch hunt will solve anything. I think a creative solution needs to be reached to satisfy the parties without breaking either one financially.

Just my wishful thinking on the above but it's a way to save face for the seller and a way to give the buyer something more than a horrendous experience.

And I agree, leave the man's livelihood out of this. There's no evidence of anything other than a bad MC sale.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Gotcha. Like I said, wishful thinking on my part that would hopefully explain away the issue in a way that made sense and could lead to a resolution. Early morning optimism on my part I suppose. Oh, and to be clear I wasn't trying to say anyone other than Sr. was involved in any shenanigans.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

[QUOTE="MELK-MAN, post: 4872192, member: 3965]
    And one more thing. Tim Bemisderfer is working with Jr. all the time. No way Tim would let some shennanigans go on .. he's one stand up guy, and would not work with him if there was impropriety.[/QUOTE]

I love you Greg. Youve helped me plenty, but if youre going to put your chips on the table, i wouldnt put them there, either.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. This thread is starting to have more speculation than the CMRA thread and that's fucking impressive.

VFR#52 and SupermotoFan like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Any Lawyers killed in this thread? The one saying that it'd kill all of them hasn't even killed one. Let's see if this one kills a few.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

To be fair if they did kill all the lawyers that would end the lawsuit. :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. sowega

sowega #710

Why should the seller be able to save face? By all accounts, he is the least standup dude ever who corners high AF.

15. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I think the best bet is he takes the politicians approach when they get caught... very public apology, everything in his power to correct the wrongs, be very quiet and humble at any and all events and keep apologizing for the foreseeable future. He can continue to race, but people will watch him closely and keep him at arms length and maybe in a few years it will be back to normal for him (or as close to it as he can get).

Who knows, he may even be able to become the mayor of D.C.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Because everyone deserves a chance to correct a wrong. Wishful thinking but it's in my nature to be forgiving when someone realized their mistake and tries to make it right. But the clock is getting close to striking midnight on the seller having a chance to correct this.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I just want to get it straight, that i don't know why Mark Junge isn't here stating his case (he has more reason to post than Jr does in fairness). There may be some confusion that i was sticking up for him. That is NOT the case. Quite the opposite. i have heard from a few guys that they had bad dealings with him. i'm not saying F Sr is innocent, or that Jr doesn't know something too. But Jr is the LEAST culpable of those involved other than yourself.
    My point earlier was that along with Sr being less than diligent in trying to wright a wrong, MARK JUNGE is possibly at fault here too, and MAY have done some fukin over of Fr SR without Sr knowing it till now.
    Some speculation, some 1st hand info from someone involved.. i would be silly to go any further though as i don't have any more facts than those i am presenting. And Dude, myself and obviously many others feel for ya. It sucks all the way round.

throwdown likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That's just it, I think it's highly unlikely that the Babuska's wouldn't have caught the thievery by MJ if in fact it had happened that way. If they were brand new to racing and motorcycles in general, then it's possible but cmon, I think Sr & Jr have a enough laps under their belt to know the difference in a stock or modded motor.....which I believe Robby has already hinted to earlier. Plus, it STILL doesn't answer to the missing parts and wrong spring rates of which Sr could have easily said, "Oh shit, my bad give me your addy I'll send them to you asap."

Also, even if MJ did screw them, then that's on them to fight it out with MJ, it sure as hell shouldn't be passed along to the OP.

sill'r B sill'd and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

The silence is intelligent if anything. Posting here now will serve no purpose.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chill Sean. Not sure what you're arguing for or against but relax and don't go political insulty, wrong forum :D

21. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It's possible Doyle, Dits and Joe B have died laughing if they read some of this silliness.

EDIT: My silliness included.