1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The only problem with that, is why not step up and clear your name? Clear the air totally and say MJ has done all of this and here are well respected third parties who can back us up?
    If someone is totally innocent should they have to do that? No. but do they have to in such a small community? I sure as hell would..

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Greg stop. That's the most bullshit I've ever heard you post and that included Michelin posts.

Regardless of mark screwing anyone over. That's between mark and babuska.

Has absolutely ZERO to do with this guy getting fucked by babuska

vizsladog, XFBO, sdiver and 6 others like this.
  3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

even IF it was something that MJ did in screwing over Sr, thats between Sr and him and its on Sr to make it right with OP and eat the costs - take back the bike and give the guy his money back. 10am on a sat seems offensive to you??? if it was me i would have the bike sitting at your house in the middle of the night if you were thinking you were taking me for my money. a guy tried to do that with my step dad and felt since he lived 20hrs away he would be fine, until my step dad and his brother showed up at his house one day out of the blue. they left with the stuff he paid for. oversights happen - this is no longer an oversight. Sr knows what happened and is doing NOTHING. thats deliberate at this point, and criminal IMO. i am glad OP is trying every legal way possible, if there was no results beyond that i would do everything i could to have him regret selling me that bike. you want to think sr was just busy and made a mistake??? this has gone WAY beyond the possibility of that

sdiver and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that he had admitted to copyright infringement and that he is knowingly doing this.
    Stealing intellectual property may not be as sexy as stealing a piston rod or a shock spring or even a motorcycle, but it's stealing.
    Maybe it takes intellect to realize this and I'm in the wrong room to expect this.
    Seems like some of you know he's doing this as well
    And yet people are $buying$ his services.
    Paying him to steal and then supporting his actions by standing up for him and telling others how creative he is.
    If he were to sell decal kits with his DW logo all over them he wouldn't sell one kit. But plaster a dozen well known popular registered corporate logos on them and they become a desired product.
    You guys burn this unethical motorcycle seller at the stake but you pay this Decal guy to steal from multiple companies and let him tell you he is stealing from them and do nothing about it. He's made fools out of all of you.

You're a fucked up bunch. He's a thief that tried to cover up another thief's actions. He's breaking the law and it's a bit more serious than a speeding ticket.

My business deals with intellectual property every day so I'm a bit more sensitive to the subject than the average consumer.
    An intellectual property thief can profit 100's of times more than a $12,000 motorcycle.
    It's a Billion dollar industry and obviously it's very easy to hide from.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Fuck it. I'm either out of gears or this tranny is toast.

-jim

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

brave .. yes. But am i wise to bother looking at another side ? ehhh.. probably not. :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

as I said before, there are MANY people that will never, EVER, post on a forum. And i mean ever, even if for $1 million. Even if their mother is on fire and posting would extinguish the flames and restore her former beauty. And these folks, might be smarter than ANY of us..

Gino230 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean through here, I mean in anyway.. Hell at this point and if i had proof or multiple people to back me up about a shady engine builder I would have RRW run a press release..

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

I TOTALLY AGREE that no matter what, the OP is the one that got the shaft. If in fact Frank Sr was fucked over by MJ, it's on FSR to make it right, it's not up to the OP to go after MJ (again, IF that is what MJ did).

I recall a Judge Judy episode. A clown borrows $1000 from his mother in law to invest in a deal that was a scam (forgot what, not important). He didn't want to pay her back because he got fucked. JJ said "to bad, how is that your mother in law's problem"..
    same situation, except, in some states the law is "as is". I have no idea if that pertains to this deal, but it might. Now is that the "right" thing to do? (screw the OP with a price for a bike higher than it might be worth) .. Of course not.

michelin>dunlop

noles19 likes this.
  10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

he doesnt need to post on here to make this right. sr just needs to tell op to bring back the bike and get his money back.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If the seller thought a motor had rods cams and lightened generator and was told by the buyer it didn't have the rods, I might have expected a comment like "BS, I paid for those things, what the eff, let me make a call and get back to you."

It shouldn't matter if it's 10am on a Saturday and you don't have to be nice, but a hint of surprise would support the scenario you laid out.

No matter, since only 2 people were involved with the exchange and nice or mean, surprised or not is basically irrelevant, the main point for me is to get stuff in writing, even if you trust them. Hard lesson to learn.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Oh fuck, the Michelin Man brought in Judge Judy.

13. MELK-MAN

and this is where the New York attitude may be playing a part. The OP comes out on a Saturday morning all accusing.. and Sr is like "fuck you". Is it right?? no way. i'm from the mid west, and we are a laid back bunch. i have a few NY friends. emphasis on FEW. of those i call friends, they are awesome folks. but it's a different mentality up there..

14. MELK-MAN

Wapner was WAY more on point, but lacking in personality. JJ has that goin on..

15. MELK-MAN

plus 10000. I said this way early on in the thread. makes small claims a lot easier too.

he's not even talkin to the guy, you think he's gonna stroke a check for the entire amount ? the best the OP can hope for, is at some point, FSR cuts him a smaller check to get the OP back to "whole". Having paid closer to the value of the bike, not $12k. It seems this is not on the horizon at this point in time though ..

16. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

does a new york attitude also include a complete disregard for whats morally right and wrong? and in this case possibly legally wrong? i come from the north east, small town of coal miners and steel workers where shit isnt taken lightly either but that doesnt cloud our view of right vs wrong.

drop likes this.
  17. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

After browsing a bit on this topic , I wonder if he dropped the bike off at your house why didn't you notice the brembo was missing ? ( maybe you did and I missed it) . The forks springs could have been a mistake .925 looks very close to .975 if your eyesight is a little bad ( possible) Also instead of pulling the clutch cover why didn't you pull the other side and check for the lightened charging system at the same time. If you knew the rods were missing why even care if it had an overbore or not. At that point just put it all back together , call the local police and let them deal with the fraud. There are much better ways of dealing with this than being on a online forum.

And what the fuck does stickers have to do with any of this. Chris makes stickers for customers that order them. If there was a copyright problem . If it was a problem he would have been shut down by now. It's not like he is hiding from anyone.

Boman Forklift, noles19 and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Maybe a "New York" curb smile would be in order...

Fuck you if you fuck me out of 12k I'll see you at 2am any night of the week.

Hell I'll pull you out of church by your hair on Sunday in front of God and Allah.

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

yup, many wont post on forums and prefer to keep private deals on the private side and out of the public (pub/publish/publicity) nothing wrong with that. I stay off the ones that are related to my business aswell and off FaceTardBook completely lol

in my mind your suggested angle is just as valid as any others here. its all hearsay from where im sitting and may even be something completely opposite of whats been presented here.

from what has been presented here, there was no formal deal, only a "gentlemans agreement" but it doesnt seem its following gentlemanly path at this point.

if I were OP, I would reconsider the sellers offer to speak man to man in private and try to resolve any issues that way before I turned to the publics court system.

20. MELK-MAN

the guy said he would talk on the phone, or face to face.. OP said no. Both are being kinda stubborn on this front. Even if in the initial call, Sr berated him verbally.. sometimes people need a moment to cool down after being accused of grand theft...

make no mistake, i'm not saying that just casue the law MAY be on sr's side, he shouldn't do what is perceived as the right thing.. give some money back, or buy the bike back.