1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Im confused. So he IS giving you your money back?

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I'll glady plaster a couple on my race bike.

Maybe we can make a bunch of em and sell at $20.00 a pop, and give the proceeds to Ducti.

wanderlust and SpeedyE like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Seeing those two posts on the same page is funny for reasons you don't suspect… Well, unless you know something I didn't know you knew.
    You people are killing me. :D
    I can't imagine that there's any level of humanly-achievable diplomacy that's going to make a phone call go smoothly. If he was interested in salvaging his name and reputation, he would have called you himself. It appears that his name is not worth $12,000 to him. In fact, he values it at a much lower number, since he could sell that bike again and lose a lot less than $12,000 .

418 likes this.
  4. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

the courts rules of evidence might not be so loose..

without any witnesses to the initial agreement its all he said/she said (hearsay)

just the facts.. what are they, and how can they be proven? filing suit with such a poor hand would be a gamble but half his cards are on the table here now and it seems to me the only winners would be those hired as council. whos willing to spend the most?

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No. Not that Ive heard.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Oh ok. That post made it sounds like it was actually gonna happen.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

OR sell it to MJ for $10K, since he can easily get that for the bike

8. Ok he could refund the guys money, take the bike back, part it out, yadda yadda yadda. Doesn't seem like he is hurting for money as Frankie Jr always seems to be on decent kit and has had an assload of bikes with a sponsor of Babuska (and DrippinWet (too easy))...

BigBird likes this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

small claims is EXACTLY that loose. if he wants to eat half the money, he can most certainly keep it there and the judge can rule in his favor on account of almost anything. ex:"the defendant is ugly, i don't like him." seen it a million times when one of my previous jobs was testifying on behalf of my company as to the validity of financial statements in a lawsuit. i've had to sit thru a bazillion small claims court cases. people would get up there and act like a total disrespectful dickhead and the judge would just let them have it. obviously the case presented still had to have some form of merit, but there's no jury, there's no formal rules of evidence... if he provided the texts and emails and pictures/witnesses (mechanic who performed his inspection), he'd get his $5k back.

10. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

How about something more generic that anyone could put on their bike not just the OP?

Cover my material costs.. All proceeds go to Ducti

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Based on what I've read on here it seems that all those bikes and things may be financed one way or the other. I've read that Babuska Sr. owes Junge money and/or parts, he also apparently borrowed/stole parts from another third party and he is not above defrauding someone out of money. All three of those things tell me that FBSr is over-extended financially. I've known a few people who desired so badly to go racing they'd find any way to fund it regardless of if it was legal or moral.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  12. It's $3k limit in small claims in Jeresy where the original transaction took place.

Screw it, send me the frame and I'll weld it and have the joint root tested by my good friends who do pipe line root testing for Exxon mobile. We can send it to GMD after.

13. Ducti89

Delaware.

14. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Bash his name all over the AMA paddock. At this point who give's a flying F. This dude took you to the cleaner bro. Sorry but this is the worst case of A** Fing I have ever seen. And in a community like this that is pretty big news. No way Jr. didn't know about every step of this. Notice how he conveniently stepped away once the facts were out? Nice move. There is no dragging him in to this, he stepped in on his own account.

So basically dude cheats in AMA, sells junk, and lies. Sounds like a stand up guy. Call his local news channels too for that matter. BLAST this dude.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Jeeezus. :rolleyes:

Do you have to play dollar store lawyer in EVERY thread?

ton and TurboBlew like this.
  16. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

I wonder if a person could rent a trebuchet in Delaware and just how big a hole in a roof a motorcycle would make?

dsmitty37, John29, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  17. Ducti89

You supply the trebuchet and ill supply the bike:D

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

+10 awesome points for use of the word "trebuchet."

dsmitty37, John29, cpettit and 6 others like this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Maybe jr. should expect to be torn down at the next few races too, maybe his 1000 is actually a 1200.

BigBird and obcbr like this.