1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good catch.
    That's freaking funny, the attorney couldn't get the name right.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

2. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Void it out and start over!

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:crackup:Was this the same meathead attorney that wandered in here during the saga?

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

That's awesome man. Just think of the people that laughed when you said you were going to take him to court. They said you had no chance, all hear say.Big thumbs up to you man. :D

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Frank has zero problem selling his bikes. He's sold at least one since this fiasco that i'm aware of, and people in line to buy his bikes he's racing now.. if anything, this thread HELPED them. In part, cause people know he's not a big pussy. Maybe Jon should have "manned up" and discussed this face to face, instead of making bold accusations over the phone 1 time (that although parts were missing, they had no idea a that time), then crying to the beeb the next day.
    I would have handled it the same way, as would have many others (they wouldn't post in this forum for obvious reasons, but many told me personally, and in messages).. You would too if you just stopped and thought about it for 2 seconds. You sell your son's race bike, with what you assumed to have been a motor with parts you paid for. Months later, the buyer out of the blue, accuses you of not having the parts. You are totally full of if if you think you would drop everything, and write the buyer a check for parts without wanting to know WTF is going on...
    Let THAT be a lesson to everyone. Frank and Frank Jr. have a stellar reputation, with everyone but the few people on this sad ass thread that continue to assume they know a bunch of stuff they don't.
    Getting stuff together MORE dirt bike riding in the morning ;)
    10 more pages... minimum. My parting gift to the mob. LOL ! $2500 ? hysterical... ! LOL

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

IN Gahdammit.

7. Boman Forklift

Actually you are totally WRONG!!! :Poke: IMHO.

I sold Tyler's two R6 racebikes to one guy at what I believe was a smoking deal. One was the Graves R6 which he only got to race a couple times and the other was the one he did really well with the year he raced AMA. They sat for a few years and I told the guy they hadn't been started, batteries weren't even in them, etc. I had an extra engine I also included that had the top end off, as I recall and his original AMA bike didn't even have the engine installed.

I sold all of it, Ohlins gas cartridges, 25mm Ohlins cartridges, 2 YEC boxes, rear shocks, 3 front stays, 2 rear subframes, 5-6 sets of wheels, all my spares, everything for $14,500, because I didn't want to deal with it.

Anyway, a little while later, he called me up and said the Graves motor bike didn't seem like it had proper compression, but he hadn't started it, first thing he did was put in a compression gauge and was going to take it to someone to look at it. I told him it had 119.x HP. It did at the AMA national we went to, the weekend Tyler was injured and Ty did ride it 2 weekends, 18 months later when he came back and put it on the box over two weekends, so I know at that time it still ran well.

So I said, I'm guessing it just needs to be started, but I don't know, they ran fine last time it was run. What would make you happy? He gave me a dollar amount, which sounded reasonable to me, and I pay pal'd him the money right away.

As I said before in this thread. My word is worth way more to me versus a few bucks. If I say something I mean it and stand behind it!

The Great One, HPPT, Gecko and 9 others like this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Jeezus dude- your best buddy lost in a freaking court of law and had to pay restitution for being a lying sack of shit. Crawl back into your little hole with your scum bag friend and shut your mouth. Kudos to the OP for sticking to his guns when he discovered that he got screwed and getting reimbursed.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good deal man.
    Still a good amount even after giving the were bbs their well deserved 15%. :)

GixxerBlade likes this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

@MELK-MAN

I know this concept is hard for you to grasp about Frank getting screwed but Ill lay it out for the final time:

My attorney was to consult his about going after Mark if it were true because i had the bike and did the investigation

Or

He could have used that defense in court but he didnt.

Its too late now.

The Great One and shakazulu12 like this.
  11. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Weren't you originally asking for like $ 10-12 K,
    2400 and change including interest is a long way from that, as assessed by the court as Franks wrongdoing. So maybe Melaka is at least partly correct? Anyhow congrat on getting what was legally owed to you, sorry you had all this trouble. Seems you are still racing, so that is good.

12. Ducti89

Ever try and explain engine internals to a middle aged female judge?

Her eyes glazed over 30 seconds in on the first day. Cant really blame her, either.

13. Boman Forklift

Doesn't the attorney get his cut prior to that check getting mailed?

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Just stop dude. Your buddy is an asshole and he lost in a court of law. Just stop and let it go.

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You're Polish?

16. Ducti89

I have this thing about Russians.....

Knotcher likes this.
  17. Glad your time and effort was worth it. Did you have any costs besides your time ?

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Birds of the same feather, flock together!

This thread helped Frankie?:crackup:

The guy gets fucking dumber every time he types.

drop, Pixelator, Sweatypants and 5 others like this.
  19. Ducti89

I did. I took care of the two guys that had businesses to run. Instead if managing their respective shops, they dropped their tools and spent two days with me.

I compensated them appropriately.

20. Boman Forklift

Wow, handled like a true business man.

Pixelator and Canadian Bacon like this.