1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy/trade for SV650 TRS pins (99-02)

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by rk97, Aug 17, 2020.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have a set of 2008(?) Daytona 675 pins that came along with my used TRS.

i need 99-02 SV650 pins by mid September. $60 for the 675 pins, or trade for the ones i need.

can probably be at Nelson any time to avoid shipping.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I am nervous to wait on this thread. Will be buying pins, and just listing the 675 pins for sale in the parts section.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I just got a new set of the 1st gen SV pins myself and found the pin needed to be ground down a bit in order to fit in the cup washer that goes on the bike. It's still a pretty tight fit and I plan to contact Pit Bull. Hopefully you don't have the same issue.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

i should have 2nd gen pins somewhere, if you can make those fit...

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Quick follow up. I did call them and they were extremely helpful. The cup washer likely was deformed slightly, maybe in shipment, and the tolerances are close. It can also get deformed from torquing down the axel nut too much, but I don't believe that is the case for me. They are sending out a new washer.

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

One more update since they just called be back. They checked their existing pin stock and found they were actually slightly too big so you will probably run into this issue as well. They are fixing them so you may need to contact them when you get yours if you have the same issue. I imagine they aren't selling a ton of 1st gen SV pins these days.

Great support for a great product despite this little hiccup.

rk97 and RRP like this.
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I ordered a few days ago, but no shipping notification yet, so we’ll see.

thanks for the updates. George is great.