1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush looks like an Idiot....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Team Atomic, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Come President Bush you can do better than that??

We have the worst natural disaster ever, the Asian Tsunami and the best response is to pledge 15 million, come on man that's a drop in the bucket.

I think we should do a whole lot better!!

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How much are you personally ponying up?

When money is given for charity, be thankful for the gift and do not question the amount.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe we should take France's lead and pledge what amounts to nothing.

4. dtalbott

Percentages, Sir, percentages. It's not how much you give, but how much you could give, if you weren't so damn cheap. :D

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Stick out your own wallet first, before telling others how to behave.

As a country, USA already donates more annually than most all other countries COMBINED, when it comes to foreign aid.

For once ... let someone else take the lead. See if that ever happens on the scale of what the US has done in the past, present ... and future.

6. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Hell, we spent 160 billion to create a disaster of approximately the same magnitude.

7. dtalbott

Re: Re: Bush looks like an Idiot....

Really?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I donated.

Donated to help out America's problems.

I'm sorry if it sounds cold hearted but charity begins at home. My home is in the US.

9. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

AMEN! There's plenty of perfectly able bodied people who don't feel like workin! :D

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I am assuming you mean the war in Iraq and if my assumptions are correct you continue to be the leading idtio on this board. You should be proud.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

No one is stopping you from sending a personel check.

12. tcasby

tcasby Banned

So are you saying that the war in Iraq is not a disaster, or that the number of civilian deaths are not of the same magnitude is the tsunami?

13. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I'm very sure the number of civilian dead during saddam's reign would outnumber the casulties from the tsunami.

14. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Team Atomic it's $35 million last i saw.

And the USA provided 40% of all the relief aid given in the world last year, $2.4 billion.

edit : yah, I just saw the other thread :rolleyes:

15. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we are supposed to send billions to other countries for food, but it isn't our place to remove genocidal dictators. I don't get the logic.

16. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Sending aid is to be admired, but it isn't the "US's place" to remove dictators from any country.

17. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Then why should it be our place to send aid? If we need to extend acts of kindness, why not spend 2.4 billion on the US problems?

Removing a man who has killed hundreds of thousands of people from office seems better than a sack of rice to me anyday.

18. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Which is why it's doubly tragic that most Iraqis would chose Saddam's evil efficiency over our benevolent incompetence in a heartbeat.
    At least under Saddam you knew how to stay out of trouble, and there was little risk of your child or wife being blown to bits every time they stepped out of your house.

19. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

Maybe. By now it's a bit of a mute point though. Saddam is out, and we owe it to the Iraqi's to make sure we don't bail on them like we did after Desert Storm.

Getting back to the issue of the first post . . . Currently, we ARE at war in Iraq (or police action, but you get the point) and still have to get Osama bin Laden and any terrorists cells that remain a threat, the Iraq-Rebuild Project, possible de-militarization of Iran, pacification of N. Korea, and our own domestic issues.

$15 Million is still a lot of money, plus Bush has vowed to send support to help clean things up. It's gracious of Bush to help at all, especially when he's pledged that this is just the start. I can't really criticise him on this issue.

-Cheers

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We could have sent nothing.

probably would have heard less crap from the left and some foreign leaders if we had.