1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busg Planned Invasion of Iraq before 9/11

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

This will be amusing to discuss.;)

Updated: 02:26 PM EST
    Bush Planned Iraqi Invasion Pre-9/11, O'Neill Says

NEW YORK (Jan. 10) - Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill charges in a new book that President George W. Bush entered office in January 2001 intent on invading Iraq and was in search of a way to go about it.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040110125909990001&_mpc=news.6

;)

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

can I have your AOL password?:)

3. "Welcome to AOL News. Please log in with your AOL screenname to read the story you have requested."

It's censorship, that's what it is! :mad:

:D

4. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

No spin needed, just one question:

Q: Is the world a better place without Sadam in power?

A simple yes or no answer will be all that is needed.

No spin please.

I never really thought Iraq was involved, just that Iraq needed to be bitchslapped for 12 years of UN defiance, mass murder, etc...

Mission accomplished.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hmmm, I didn't think 9/11 was the reason for the invasion... more like a wake up call that we should move ahead against people like Sadam.

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

once again, for the mentally challenged. your president is taking out eight years worth of trash, and setting it by the curb. now look at iran, and syria lining up to be good corporate citizens of the world. coincidence? i think not. ;)

8. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

I just saw the movie swordfish the other day. I would gladly pay a little extra taxes if someone would actually do that.

9. hardrock

hardrock Member

Its called contingency.Bill Clinton had similar plans as far back as 1997.I'm sure we also have contingency plans for the invasion of numerous countries around the world.Nothing new,what do you think the CIA and high ranking military personel do all day?There is a huge difference between plans for an invasion and plans to invade.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

wow, bill had plans. :rolleyes:

president bush had the fortitude.

big difference.

11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...smells like bullsh!t....you don't call meeting after meeting, even before he was in office...contingency....you can call it what you will this was the smoking gun..... :mad:

12. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

What smoking gun?? Your idiocy hit's a new high with your every post. Iraq lost a war, it signed a surrender agreement and then did not abide by it. Kicking Iraq's ass was long overdue, all Bush did was take care of business like Clinton should have. How does Iraq kick out the weapons inspector's and have no consequences for their action's?? They basically told the UN to go fuck themselves and they would do whatever they wanted. It's like disciplining a child, you tell them no, then they still do it, if you don't reprimand them they will keep doing it and more, because they know that there won't be any consequences for their actions. I wished Clinton would have kicked Saddam's ass for non-compliance, but he let him get away with it, Bush didn't.
    12 YEARS!!!!

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

To use a Brad term:

<crickets>

14. hardrock

hardrock Member

All I'm saying is this is not the smoking gun the left would like you to believe it is.It is standard operating procedure for any administration.think of it as an insurance policy,you don't buy insurance planning to use it,you buy it in case you might need it.For months we have been hearing the talking heads on the left saying there wasn't enough planning and thought put into this operation,that we rushed into it.Now,oh my god,we find out that there has been planning going on all along.So i guess it comes down to damned if you do,damned if you don't.The Pres. has shown that there are still some leaders in this country who won't bow at the altar of the U.N.The rest of the world,especially countries that we have had problems with in the past,see that.Unlike Clinton,this man can talk the talk and WALK THE WALK.

15. Shyster d'Oil

To the Lesser Doyle:

The answer is obvious: Yes.

The more complicated question: Is there a better way we could have accomplished this?

Rodger

:Poke: :D

16. Shyster d'Oil

And some of you miss the point. If what O'neil said was true, Bush had a hidden agenda. That would be interesting, and would be fodder for lots of barbs against Bush, but its not like Watergate

17. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

1) A president implements a plan that's been evolving for a decade.

2) A member of the cabinet gets fired because he's incompitent.

3) The area that member was assigned to gets significantly better after he's gone.

4) The disgruntled member writes a book telling about 1).

5) OOH! OOH! It's a big suprise!! OOH!

18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I was waiting for magilla to proclaiming Bu$h, commander of the universe...LOL

excuse me aren't we forgetting about someother bad guy??

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I agree, but no one is making any sacrifices for this war other the armed forces. The only people paying for this war (thru higher taxes) will be our children.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep, the same way my parents paid for WWI and WWII and I paid for Korea and Vietnam. It's the way it works.