1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busg Planned Invasion of Iraq before 9/11

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

and you got $300!! whippy!

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Of course, mortgage our children's future on Universal Health Care to the tune of hundreds of billions more and the same complainers would be lauding the effort.

Bush has already stated that he proceeded with plans to remove Saddam that Bill Clinton had started. It's called planning, not conspiracy or a smoking gun. Ever consider that some similar planning and bold action might have prevented a great deal of the loss, both monetary and in lives, before Hitler dragged half the world into war?
    But of course, no one knows better than those who ignore, kowtow and facilitate or just sit back and do nothing. So much easier than making a stand and doing the right thing. So much easier to just sit back and criticize. At least Bush seems to have paid attention in history class.
    When a fire starts on the porch, you put it out, you don't close the front door and hope it will be satisfied with burning the old rocking chair.
    Fortunately for the fools, as long as there is someone like Bush to take action, they get to smugly criticize AND receive the benefits of his actions in removing threats.
    And don't forget "Sure he got Saddam, but what about Bin Laden?"
    Syria, Iran and Korea all suddenly having a change of heart is, of course, lost on Team Atomic and company. Just coincidence, of course. Or could it be that they represent three troublesome regimes we will probably now avoid further armed conflict with? Wouldn't that actually represent lives saved? Tax money saved?

By the way, should there be a special prosecutor appointed to investigate why O'Neil was in possesion of documents marked "Secret"? My dad had a high security clearance, I don't recall him bringing home classified documents like some class project from high school.

3. In Your Corner

Add to that question, was there anyone who envisioned a better way and did anything to enact it? Any country or leader who stepped up to the plate with a plan of action?

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I wish Bush I had stepped up tp the plate.

Its late and I'm VERY tired, and this answers my question more than yours. I would have hammered Osama first, even if it meant an invasion twice the size of what we did in Iraq. IYC, as much as I hate Saddam (and I do not use the term loosely) I would not have slept until we got Osama and destroyed the Taliban. THose tasks need to be finished soon.

But i cannot wait for the trial and execution of Saddam. I will dance on his grave.

And I for one do not think that the change in Lybia and N. Korea is mere coincidence. I'm not sure that Syria has changed yet though - you got info on this?

Late. . . must sleep now . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rodger

Rodger

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Thank you.

Now - The "lesser" remark - Here we see the eletist/leftist trial lawyer's liberal, open minded, compassion at work... :(

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  6. When I was a Federal contractor I worked with DoD entities, a couple of "spook" organizations, and some civilian heavyweights (DOE, USAID). I was always taught that one of the fastest ways to end up in handcuffs and have your face on the evening news was to leave a facility with classified documents or data.

Hell, my father lived across the street from John Walker, and had once loaned him a utility trailer to move some furniture. FBI interviewed my father because of that.

That was all a while ago though - it doesn't seem that such incidents are treated seriously anymore. A few years ago a laptop computer with highly classified data on it went missing from the State Dept - no one was ever disiplined.

7. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Back in 1998, Congress - by a near-unanimous vote - passed the Iraq Liberation Act, which declares it the policy of the United States "to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."

End of story.

8. In Your Corner

No on Syria, I was thinking of Libya. That's what I get for not proof-reading before sending (which I usually do).

I think one of the problems with getting Bin Laden is the road to capturing him is not as clear. We could be relatively certain where Saddam was. I have no doubt the hunt for Osama is still a priority, but we are talking about searching for a much smaller number of people spread over a much larger area. I can't see where it makes sense to suspend activities regarding other threats until Bin Laden is caught or killed.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Osama bin Laden's sister-in-law just released a book in which she claims his family and others know exactly where to find him and that he still getting money from the family business.

They may be looking for him, but it's very possible they are not trying too hard (the decisionmakers, not the men and women on the ground).

Of course, she could be lying. The lure of money has made many people do that before.

10. In Your Corner

I refuse to believe she would besmirch the family name by lying.
    Or that there might be unsavory ulterior motives behind this information.

As we all know, only George Bush and Republicans lie.:D

(And yes, I know, you are just passing along the information).

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Coincidentally the seriousness went away during the Clinton Admin... while we were selling secrets to the Chinese. Security went to shit during the 90s. :mad: It would have been easy for me to get Secret info out of the plant. Top Secret would have taken some finess though. ;)

I hold a Top Secret(Q Level) DOE clearance and with the 9/11 events they now take the stuff very seriously again. :)

12. Shyster d'Oil

That was a joke Repo!! Hence the Smiley.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Lawyers can tell jokes too? :confused:

:D :p

14. Shyster d'Oil

A lawyer a priest and a rabbi decide to go deep sea fishing. They charter a boat and head out into the Atlantic Ocean. The rabbi slips and falls in to the sea and is immediately eaten by sharks. The priest, seeing this feast, runs to the other side of the boat in terror and in his panic slips and falls ooverboard. He too is attacked by sharks. The lawyer reaches out and tries to save the priest, but he too falls overboard.

But instead of being attacked by the sharks, the lawyer is gently pushed back to the ladder at the rear of the boat by two sharks.

The boat captain helps the lawyer back on board and exclaims: "What happened?! Why didn't the sharks eat you??"

The lawyer replies: "Professional courtesy, Captain."

Rodger

This is one of my favorite lawyer jokes.:p

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LOL That is a good one. :D

My favorite is:

Man walks across from divorce court over to the bar across the street. Yells at the bartender to give him a double whiskey. He then yells, "All lawyers are fucking assholes" :mad:

In response to this the man at the end of the bars exclaims, "Hey watch your mouth jackass".

Disgruntled patron then asks, "What's the problmem... you a fucking lawyer?".

The man replies, "NO I'm an asshole." :eek:

:D

16. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

Here's a thought...

Most people will acknowledge that the easiest way to inspire Muslim fanatics is to make someone a martyr.

If the US kills Osama, Osama becomes a martyr and inspires 50 more towel heads to be just like him.

The US is not going to rest till they put the smack down on this guy right?

So what if, the US just kind of quietly makes the guy disappear....?

You might get some fake messages from previously recorded stuff on Al-Jazira, but the man himself is past tense....

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Here's a thought...

Right, the administration decides to keep its victory quiet and accept the public opinion that the operation was a military failure and a financial fiasco. Likely scenario. Certainly not in contradiction with putting Saddam Hussein and his dead children on display to prove to the world and their supporters that it's over. Dude, are you serious or did you just leave the smiley faces out?

18. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

You got to be kidding me?!?!?!
    Think you could be a little more racist????
    That's pretty ignorant.......

19. In Your Corner

Re: Here's a thought...

Actually I've heard it said more than a few times by people who haved lived in the ME that one thing people understand there is power. They are used to strong-arm tactics from their own governments, they know how to exist with it so long as the rules are known.
    Loyalty to Saddam is not based on like or respect, it is fear of retribution from one side or the other.

20. mtrinske

mtrinske Well-Known Member

I hope Paul is exercising his sphyincter muscles. He's going to need them in the slammer!

Spy, traitor!:mad: