1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnouts are free speech!

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Apr 5, 2018.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I wonder if there is any way they could bury the story under an avalanche of advertisements any more effectively on that page.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

This reminds me of a cool story. When my friend "Godzilla" killed himself on his CBR about 10 years ago, we all attended his funeral on our bikes, in the cold pouring rain. When we exited the funeral home, many of us did a very emotional burnout to say goodbye to a great guy and motorcyclist who rode about 35 000 miles on his bike each year. Everybody loved that guy.

When neighbors called the cops, they showed up and walked up to us with their ticket pad in hand. Our deceased friend's 70 year old mom saw this happening and came to intercept the officers before they reached us. She gave them one of the most intense earfuls you could ever imagine. We could distinctly ear her yell at them something like "My son deserves a smoke show and you boys won't do a damn thing about it, understood !?!". All the policemen could do is politely reply "Yes ma'am.", return to their patrol car and gtfo. They learned a valuable lesson that day : you do not mess with a grieving mom...

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

One of my good friends and the main guy I race with died back in January. His girlfriend wanted to do something similar, but had never even sat on the front seat of a motorcycle before. We brought his bike to display at the Funeral, all wore our leathers, and taught her how to do a burnout on his street bike the day before. I brought my bike and so did one of his other friends. The funeral director asked her mom why there were other bikes there and she explained to him our plan. We didn't know that went down but he came over to us a while later and said he had contacted the local police to let them know what was going on and he would make sure no one tried to stop us. Was a really cool thing for him to do and made for a cool tribute, especially seeing his girlfriend burning rubber.

Murcielago311 and cha0s#242 like this.