1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullshit!

Discussion in 'General' started by Gron4, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I will never get over the fact that a Moto 2 bike is slower than a 250GP bike and that the Moto 3 bikes will be much slower than the 125's. Progress huh?

2. racertex

racertex vintage dude

take off your skirts ladies....you are at a race track racing....not in a library playing chess.

jeeez!

3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

:crackup:

4. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

And hey, the 250 thumper motors are only $16,000 each. :up:

What a bargan.... :wow:

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I thought they said during the race last week that the whole bike had to be available for 10,000 Euro? That part made me excited.

6. danch

danch Well-Known Member

No, that's just for each motor.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Accurized

8. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Hey I didn't say it wasn't ridiculous.:D

I do know that the moto2 bikes are "bery, bery, bery slow" according to Elias, but that last race was tight almost the whole way. Much more fun to watch. I will say that I never watch the 125s, so I can't say for sure how much better the 250s will be. I'm not that excited that they're taking the 2 stroke away even if I don't like the sound. I guess the only reason there's not more manufacturers involved is because the 2 stroke is getting phased out altogether? No one is making them since they can't sell them I assume? I would reckon the 2 stroke to be a way cheaper engine to build than a 250 thumper.

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Hmmm, ya think so? Might want to take a look at last years US***U results. And that was with pumped up MX motors. The new kit motors being developed will be close to 50HP with much more TQ than the 125s.

10. 178SV

178SV now retired...

I don't hate 2 stroke machines.
    I don't hate the sound of 2 stroke machines on the track. Actually like it.
    I don't hate the owners of 2 stroke machines.

I just fuggin' hate it when the owners of 2 stroke machines sit in the garage for an hour and braap braaap braap!

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

that was my first thought too... how much power does a 250 single make? a 250 twin, I wouldn't have questioned as much, but what do I know?

12. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

That isnt even close to a fair comparison. Moto2 bikes have SLOW stock motors, the 250s were built to the hilt.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

actually, the same site (different article) has this to say about the 250 singles:

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Exactly.

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Braaap

100% agree. I love them racing at full song.

Braaap.

I raced motocross as a kid until I was 20 years old....a 250cc motocross bike trying to dig a hole in the ground as it rockets forward is a sweet sound....same for RR bikes.

Braaaap.

I'm for segregation in the pits. Vintage and 2 smokers should be in their own section 1/4 mile away.

Braaap

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

You could always hold a couple of your heavy flow maxipads over your ears.

17. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Nahhhhh....I walk over and add about quart of water and watch the guys collapse from exhaustion trying to push start them.

it's a win-win for me....because then I sell them a 5 gallon pail of VP MS103.

:D

Braaap

18. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I've purposely moved my pit if I found a 125 racer near my area. It's not the noise in general, it's the whole 'clean out the carbs' 5 minute rev cycle that gets on everyone's nerves. Some guys are cool enough to at least part their stroker away from everyone while they do it, but often I get the guy who push starts the bike in front of my pit and revs the crap out of it for 10 minutes (noise AND smoke in my face for 5 minutes, how polite).

And this is coming from someone who ran a 250 for three years. I always made a point of starting the bike away from other people. Then again, I had a kick start, and didn't need to rev it like the 125's.

By the way, i was in the pits for a GP race last year, and ALL of the 125s where revving the crap out of their motors for the longest time. Hearing 30+ bikes do it at once was something else. Funny, the 250s didn't seem to need the whole throttle rev sequence, i wonder why? Electronics managing the throttle/fuel?

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

In the current issue of motocross action mag they have a 4T hop-up article called "make your four-stroke faster with the judicious application of cubic dollars"
    They have info from Mitch Payton of Pro Circuit saying that 4Ts cost Pro Circuit's team 4X as much money per race bike Vs the 2Ts. The equal and opposite effect was that the number of amateur and up and comers sponsored by Pro Circuit was also cut 4X.

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I can understand some of the complaints, but come on...it is a race track, not exactly conducive to nap taking. One thing that needs to be understood is the 125s have no thermostat so it takes them forever to warm up. And with no idle circuit, the throttle must either be held above 2K or blipped to keep running. They must be warmed up before even going to grid so they are up to temp before hitting the track or seizure is possible. Most of the time we try to be as consciencious as possible and would gladly pit segregated but available pit space does not always allow this.
    Damn, I don't hear this much whinning about the industrial generators running or the asshat running his Yosh equipt Ruckus to the shower at 6AM. Or the 600/1000 that deems fit to run a GP style exhaust.
    Can't we all just get along?? Tdub