1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buell and that extra 15 lbs...

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, May 11, 2009.

1. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

In the Speed Coverage of the Barber event, they said that after the dyno love fest DMG added 15 pounds to the buell. So my question is... Did they add 15 pounds to the minimum weight... Or did they say put 15 pounds on the bike as it sits? There's been plenty of allegations that the Buell was no where near it's weight limit. So just adding 15 pounds to the rulebook sounds like someone jerking someone else off to me.

Oh, and congrats M4/MC/JD/JU. That was one bad ass race. Ya'll musta been goin' bonkers in the pits watching that. I can't wait to watch race two! I've already forgotten the results, so hopefully it's a good one.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

5 pages min! :D

3. ftlbs

ftlbs Active Member

I read In Cycle News that the weight penalty was a joke because the Buell was all ready under the limit and the fours couldn't get down to their limit with out illegal parts. So they didn't actually add anything unless the ruling was changed.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  4. 15 pounds to the minimum weight which they are not able to reach anyways, so really, it has no effect. Pretty much just a pr move.

5. BiZ

I'm not busting balls, but what makes you think they haven't reached the minimum? The only source of info on the actual weight that I've seen, is JU saying that some of his former guys of his who are on Danny's team, claim the bike isn't at the weight limit. Which is exactly what I would say if my main competition came up to me asking questions!

6. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Yeah, it's a false penalty in moving the minimum to 380 from 365#s, when the bike is already weighing in at about 390# post race.

Seems to have become a real craft these days; creating issues from non-stories.

Go Danny and Barney!!

:beer:

7. BiZ

Where did you get the 390 lb number?

And just for the record, I'd rather see them give the 600's something, then fiddle/penalize the Buells. Danny and Taylor are rockin' on 'em, and I'd hate to see them mess the bike up.

8. BiZ

9. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

and Taylor :beer:

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. and Sipp, Brian B., Higbee, etc. :)

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

12. Chip

Chip Registered

I also read that the Aprilia couldn't get anywhere near the weight limit....:rolleyes:

13. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Didnt someone on here that was at the track report that the Buell weighed 397 after the fuel was drained.. IF, that is a true number, it would put the Buell's dyno number at 149.8 hp

14. caferace

caferace No.

Style is heavy. :D

-jim

15. BiZ

How much does your bike weigh Chip? Has the DMG minions communicated anything with you about the possibility of giving the RSVR's anything since the dyno/weigh test? Is there anything you'd personally like to have that wouldn't throw off the balance of power between the 600's and the twins? Aside from nitrous or an extra 200cc's that is...

16. Chip

Chip Registered

It is fairly close to the limit. The everybody on this team has put in a ton of effort to make that happen.

Would I like some more stuff to make our situation more equal? Yes. Absolutely. But it will be more fun to beat everybody as the underdog with a 10 year old motorcycle.

17. BiZ

No disrespect to Steve Atlas and the Motorcycle USA crew, but I'd like to see CU and Toye do the same test on the same bikes in RRW. Only because I've been following them a lot longer then Steve, and have more data to compare the results too. I'd be real curious to see if Toye and Chris would be able to turn faster lap times on the Buell then on the other two bikes.

18. BiZ

So after 7 races there isn't one thing in particular you'd like? One small thing that would make Ben and Chaz stop all that damned incessant whining and complaining that they're doing...

Not that they are complaining. But if they WERE to complain about something... And you HAD to pick something, while still keeping in the 10 year old underdog spirit....

19. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Paddock.

It's the rider. The most successful road-racers in the world are from flattracking. History has shown that whenever there might appear to be a disparity, and a complaint is filed, the squeaky wheels get the grease. I think this is synthetic grease and it's a good thing.

Barney, Taylor, Eslick, 'derfer, Sipp, who'd I miss? P.J., don't forget one of the developers of these monster eaters! :up:

20. Chip

Chip Registered

There are a hundred things...