1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSB Showdown

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The apology/trash talk combo was interesting. :crackup:

The red flag crashes, though… :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  2. I agree on this being a racing incident and don’t think in this case the punishment fit the crime. I do think Hickman ran out of talent and only reason he didn’t run way wide was because of his berm. O’h was wide and turned in but if Hickman would’ve done what he probably planned to do the bike would be almost on the inside curbing at the is point.

Attached Files:

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I was going to say Michelle Obama’s ass…

Steeltoe and tl1098 like this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

and yet no punishment for tommy, hmmm

418 likes this.
  5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

are we watching the same incident? hickman did run wide, after the contact.. because you can see him (in the following-bike video) look back trying to figure out wtf that contact was. but he didn't berm off jason in any fashion.. it was hicky's rear wheel where contact was made, not his front or even midsection

418 likes this.
  6. Did you read what I wrote? Maybe I I should have wrote “didn’t run as wide because he used O’h as a berm” meaning if Jason wasn’t there he’d have been a lot wider. I watched it on my phone and wasn’t exactly high quality video.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  7. I was more responding to the guy who said Hickman was on the inside, was pointing out he wasn’t and only reason he didn’t go wider looked to be because of contact.

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

but this is what i don't understand... hickman was on the inside, and the contact was with hickman's rear of the bike, not his front.

when you're turning, and something whacks the outside of your rear wheel, it pushes it inward - it makes you run wide, not tight.

jason was slower through that corner AND he set himself up for a wide entrance to it, obviously hoping to get a good drive out of the corner, and hicky was able to keep a tighter line at a faster pace so he went through. this was just tight racing. i don't think jason had much chance to see hicky before he had committed to his turn, but the fact remains that hicky was past jason before the contact was made.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  9. He was on the inside but his bike was heading straight towards the outside. He hadn’t even started to turn in before the contact (I do need to look later today on a larger screen). It looked to me that he overcooked entry and would have ran way wide if there was not contact.

10. The links posted in here are not the video I was watching, re watch the one that is facing the incident.

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Eh. I've seen the one you're talking about, and I agree he's way inside of the normal line, but there was plenty of room to run wide and not go off-track. That's a double-apex prior to one of the longer (for the circuit) straights, so riders typically apex it late in order to get a good drive. Hicky would have sacrificed his drive out of this corner a bit but he'd have position.

Here is the section in question (zip to 1:17):

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It only took 28 starts this year…

Does it get full credit, with this being Donington and all? I mean, it's like Nicky Hayden winning GPs at Laguna Seca. I want to see wins at other places. :D

418 likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Isn't he going back to world superbike?

14. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Yup, peeps saying back to Kawi supported team.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. I think we now agree and have the same observations. He would have had room to make the turn, there was just no real estate for two bikes. It’s the BBS so we should continue to argue our opinions, leaves facts out of it and let this drag on :)

17. 28 starts and still probably made more than 3/4 of the grid. BSB is not the place to go to collect a check in your last years if you plan to have a healthy life after racing. I doubt people in their last years of collecting checks think “I’ll just race in a series that has walls closer and minimal electronics”. Some have done it well but Sykes did what I expected at certain tracks. Some of the tracks on the calendar have critical sections that crashing in usually doesn’t end well.

18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

TS66 with a double.
    Can he do the "treble"... LOL

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If I was king at Ducati, Hickman would be on the list of riders to replace Petrucci.

418 likes this.
  20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

nah. the NW200 and the TT each conflict with an MA round, and there is a zero percent chance hicky will miss either of those.

Steeltoe, stk0308 and 418 like this.