1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brought a knife to a gunfight

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by gofastpinhead, Aug 23, 2015.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I would think he could run in D-SS, D-SB, Clubman, V6LW, LWT-Solo and maybe some more.

?

CLUBMAN EXPERT & NOVICE (all below based on Formula rules except as noted) Unlimited displacement 2 & 4-stroke singles
    Up to 605cc 4-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 650cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
    Up to 250cc 4-stroke water-cooled multis
    Up to 600cc 4-stroke air-cooled 2 valve per cylinder multis
    Up to 570cc 4-stroke air-cooled 4 valve per cylinder multis
    Up to 450cc 2-stroke air-cooled multis
    Up to 396cc 2-stroke water-cooled multis
    All Vintage 3, 4, and Formula 2-stroke machines
    *Honda Hawks and Air cooled Ducati 750’s, 250cc 2-stroke GP replica machines (TZR, NSR, RGV, etc..), Aprilia Cup, and Triumph Thruxton, are allowed but limited to Superstock mods, no Ducati Supermono. 125cc & 250cc GP machines are not allowed.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The 400 runs almost like a 2 stroke with that powerband or lack there of. The 489 is kinda of an in between. Brad rides the 400 like it is supposed to be ridden. I am glad my 400 didn't have to be ridden that way but unfortunately that is the way the Yammy is. I was shocked the first time on it.

The other classes you can run is DSS (maybe), Formula 2, V6LW and DSB. You Miiiiight be able to bump to V6HW but that's up to Mongo and how his day is going. Got any vid from the weekend?

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Ok, I guess I was wrong about DSB bikes in Clubman (thought for sure I read that somewhere), but how are you guys telling him he can run his 400 in Clubman when it clearly states "Up to 250cc 4-stroke water-cooled multis", last time I checked 400cc is more than 250. Or am I just retarded this morning and not seeing something (possible).

4. t500racer

I figured out my confusion, " No machine eligible for D Superbike, 125GP, or Clubman classes will be allowed to bump-up to V 7"

Not sure why I got that confused with Clubman.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

He can't. Trust me. He can't. The only inline I have ever ridden in Clubman was my 250RR.

He can run ONLY what I wrote.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Huffying too many gas fumes from Flatties :D

7. t500racer

You know, there is some truth to that. :D

8. t500racer

Now if he wants to propose a rule change to allow the FZR into Clubman, I might be able to get on board with that......... :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in there is a 400cc Water Cooled Multi? :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly I won't.

Plenty of spots for the FZR - V6LW, LW Solo, DSS, DSB, F2.

11. t500racer

:mad: ;)

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have no idea. I keep getting the fzr and my fz confused, that must be it.

:D

13. t500racer

Did Yamaha make an air-cooled FZ400/4?

14. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Yes, but it was sold Japan side only. It had a steel frame, like an FZ750. They shoe horned the FJ600 motor into it and sold it here as the FZ600. It was so tight they had to use a smaller airbox and carbs than the FJ600.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

489 does not use fzr600 parts anyway. It uses yzf600 parts.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If you don't have an airbox, every piece of it, get one. Without it, you get a very small gain on the very top, but you lose everything below that. Ride ability without the airbox = 0 on the fun meter.

Also, pull the carbs apart and make sure the emulsion tubes aren't ovals. It's a common problem. It only happens to FZR's that run.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you'd dig that thing back out I might just get off my ass and fix my shit.

18. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I know...that's why it's still moth balled..=-O :-D You go first then I'll come back out...maybe! B-)

19. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I mentioned this to Sean at VIR after watching Russell's SV only race, how about everyone bring back there FZr400's ? Granted most are in boxes right now and we'd have to deal with Kcraget in that one also!

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shit no. We can hire a hit man to take care of him. I'm sure Tonya Harding is available to sit on him until we are done pretending to race.