1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Superbikes - Donington Park!

Discussion in 'General' started by Aaron71, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

American PJ Jacobsen wins BSB STK1000 race on the Tyco Suzuki by 0.001 at the line
    against a 1199 Panigale! :wow:

What a race...Congrats! :beer:

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/

2. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Wow, cool!

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:up: Awesome

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nice!

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. caferace

caferace No.

wooooo!

-jim

7. caferace

caferace No.

Yikes! And he did it the hard way! :wow:

[​IMG]

-jim

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that has to be a top secret tire.. PJ is wheeling, in the GRASS :) lol..

9. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

I guess they don't have a rule against gaining a position from going off track.?.

10. caferace

caferace No.

On a straight? I take it you don't know anything about Donington.

-jim

11. papa911

Don't know Donnington, didn't see the race, just the pic. If that side of the track is the shortest way to the line, then going a little further that way would get you there faster ( if you can hold it up), yes? General question about any track / race, really.

Is it stated that it's only in corners that if you go off track you cannot gain a position?

Again, I didn't see the race and I am not trying to question P.J.s' accomplishment, just seeking clarification.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do we know if he went off the track on purpose, or if he was pushed wide? I don't think there would be a penalty if it wasn't his fault, so that wouldn't be an issue.

13. caferace

caferace No.

If you're on a straight and in second hurtling towards a finishing line coming up, is there any conceivable way you can think of that going into the grass would help you gain you a position?

For the record, at Donington that is the long way around as the final corner, some 100 or so yards back is a left hand hairpin.

http://goo.gl/maps/xgPP2

I suppose not, meaning I don't know.

Haven't watched it yet. Busy day. :)

-jim

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

he was credited with the win.. safe to say no penalty ?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No kidding. I watched 24 hours of Le Mans, FIM 1000 superstock, 2 WSBK races, world super sport, Formula One at Monza, 2 BSB races, and now wrapping up my football the evening.

I was working live broadcast, DVR, split screens… That shit is just too much work.

16. caferace

caferace No.

Slacker. :D

-jim

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I'm so burned out I thought the end of the third quarter was the end of the game. Still a lot of work to do tonight. :D

18. caferace

caferace No.

What sort of (American) football games do you guys get over there?

-jim

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm watching Redskins at Saints right now. We get San Francisco and Green Bay next. And later Pittsburgh and Broncos. But I think I'll be asleep by the time that one starts.

20. papa911

Never thought about it until I saw the picture. Now, yes, I do. Thanks for taking the time to reply.