1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone slick pressure for 120/17 & 180/17

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ryan600RR, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Ryan600RR

Ryan600RR Well-Known Member

I have a sheet from Bridgestone that specifies 31-32 psi for the front and 29-30 psi for the rear - are these pressures cold, hot of the warmer, or hot off the track? Anyone have any experience with Bstone slicks? Are they as finicky with pressure as 003's?

2. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

sounds high to me. If anything those are off the track pressures.

Stickboy says like 30 front , 26 rear, hot off the warmers. I don't think the rear is supposed to exceed 28 hot off the track. I've been using them this year with those pressures and they have been working well for me. These pressures would be off his pressure gauge and we've calibrated ours to his, which is supposed to be calibrated correct. I'm sure he will chime in, if not send him a PM and ask.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Yep, he's got the pressures pretty much spot on. Stick has done testing with some of his riders and done the experimenting for you to find the best pressures. I stick pretty close to the pressures quoted but will vary a little depending on the track and ambient temps. On a hot day I will sometimes start at 29F/25.5R after the tires have been on the warmers at least 45 minutes. I shoot for 30F/28R fresh off the track and check them as soon as you possibly can before they can start to cool off.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yup. 30f/no more than 28r off the track has worked well for us. I have plety of guys doing well off of that. The ones that possted already have a lot of good results to show for it. I guess thier hard work had something to do with it too.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This is always my game plan. I set them on the warmers and soak them for a good 45 minutes before the first session. Set them at 30f/29r. Go ride. Check them as soon as the bike hits the stands and adjust them to keep them at 30/30 after every session. This keeps them consistent as the temps climb over the course of the day.

6. stickboy274

The bigger rear slick needs lower pressure bcause it has a heavier construction, but your doing just fine.

7. Venom51

8. stickboy274

9. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

You need to see if you can hookup a TPMS on the bike also, that way you can log the tire pressure during the race. I know most of the cars just use a RF sensor built into the valve stem and a reciver. But I'm sure you've aleady got that one in the works also.

10. Ryan600RR

Ryan600RR Well-Known Member

Great, thanks guys!

11. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

:confused: Just to be sure my wittle bwain understans dis her stuff.... The 180 is a "bigger rear slick", right? Should the 165 rear slick be 30 lbs coming off the track (in the more moderate temperatures of MI & OH)? Or the 28lbs noted earlier?

12. Venom51

I've had good luck at the 30 but Stick may feel differently about it.

13. stickboy274

I like 30 off the track on the 165

14. LosPer

LosPer Active Member

Would the 28 rear hot apply to the 190 bridgestone slick, as well? TIA.

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Yes, 28 works well in the 190 slick.

16. LosPer

LosPer Active Member

Thank you.

17. RdKetchup

RdKetchup New Member

What would be the recommended pressure (off the warmers or fresh off the track) for 250GP slick tires (17" YCX front 18" YCX rear)?

I have been having issues with excessive wear on my rear tire all year, and I have tried running 28F/28R cold 28F/29R cold and finally 28F/30R cold, but I am starting to think I actually went in the wrong direction.

Thanks.

18. stickboy274

30/30 off the track. I wouldn't go any higher than that. You can go a little lower, 28/28 on the bottom end

19. RdKetchup

RdKetchup New Member

Thanks a lot, I shall be trying that out tomorrow :)

20. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Sort of related question. You've mentioned in the past that the 165 ycy is for when it's "hot" but what temp range is hot? Will it still work when it's 80 out?