1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone 090's air pressure?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pudge, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

What air pressure shoud I be using? They are for a sv if that makes a difference. :D

Thanks

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

28f/28r below 70deg. 30f/30r above 80deg. That should be a good place to start

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Would you suggest the same for my 225lbs ass on the Hawk, Stick?

4. stickboy274

Yes, but if you speed up we may have to change that:Poke:

These are good starting points and you can adjust from there. If you are overheating them, they look shiney and wet, add a pound. If they never seem to get heat, drop a pound.

5. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

I did the FSRA trackday at Barbers Sunday and used 30/30. Ok, when I checked these it was cold. After I came off the track they were up to 33/33 and I lowered them to 32/32. They worked fine but do I need to drop them down to 30/30 after I have done a session?

Thanks

6. stickboy274

No, these are the cold starting temps.

7. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

So what should they be after they are warm and how often should I check them during a track day, every session?

8. stickboy274

Check them in the morning before you put heat into them, and then at lunch after they have cooled, but before you put heat into them again. That way you will be working with the ambient temp to start from.

9. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

Thanks

:beer:

10. blackfzr

blackfzr Member

I ran 090's on an FZR 600. I concurr with the 28/28 psi. I could carry some serious cornerspeed with them tires... luved em!