1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by GRH, Jun 23, 2016.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I just saw how the leaders around the globe were acting about it - sheer panic. Trying to figure out how to get around that vote. And how the papers were writing about it: IF article 50 is enacted. WHEN article 50 is enacted. Um...that doesn't sound like the want to do anything about it...

Brussels doesn't want to let them go. They have this huge vision of a superstate where all tax money goes to them and they disseminate it from on high. No solid borders, no one gets to police their own countries, no one gets a say in immigration or war or laws. Belgium finally MEANS something, dammit! They have been just salivating for the chance at that. I am guessing there are heavy negotiations happening right now so they (Rule! Britannia!)don't enact article 50. If they do - two more years of negotiations before exit, that will also include heavy fines and taxes to support the countries they are abandoning...very much like an alimony.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Two years initially of negotiation, from some of the articles I've read it could take more than 10 years before any complete exit happens.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could be wrong but don't think Brussels will have much say in the matter. I think this is going to be steered by the countries themselves.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it just be easier if Belgium was part of a larger country that could get stuff done...say, Germany?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I see what you did there :D

6. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

ah....did think it was sarcasm. sorry. i was saying that many country during that time found it "ok" to eject/reject the jews.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Give em to Luxembourg :D

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Eh, the globalists are trying to spread gloom and doom scenarios because they're losing power. The markets are already bouncing back. Good for the UK, get out and take back control of your country!

XFBO likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, Boris Johnson is so hated that he's not even running for the job after all. :D All that for nothing.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Mark Carney of the BOE mentioned QE possibilities this summer, the FTSE jumped and all is well. Just print away the problem.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The last several years on this side of the pond are proof positive that that shit WORKS!

Til it doesn't.

12. Robin172

Imagine that, Boris getting stabbed in the back by someone he regarded as a friend.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I don't twit, but the one circulating the sphere from Ewan McGregor cracked me up.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What does it say?

15. Robin172

"@BorisJohnson You spineless c$&t You lead this ludicrous campaign to leave EU. Win, and now fuc& off to let someone else clear up your mess."

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, he should tell us how he really feels. :crackup:

17. dsapsis

My thoughts exactly.

The more you read about it, the more it strikes chords of a BBS aristocrat soap opera.

18. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

I'm a Brit, living in Los Angeles for the last 28 years. I for one am glad we told the EU to F-off. In fact we Brit's love telling people to F-off Just ask Carl Fogarty! Here is some pro-EU leave info.. If you can get past the bad teeth and British accents. It gives you a little insight into why we no longer what to be a part of European Political union.

Since when did having a trade deal with another country mean you have to give up your sovereignty. There are so many reasons we no longer what to be a part of the EU. Politics in the UK is far different than here in the USA, yeah they all still cheat & lie etc. But we are far more less PC when it comes to politics. Just watch the house of commons PMQ's if you what to see what real politicians are like when given free reign to act like politicians .

19. dsapsis

That's some sweet irony right there, mate.

20. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

You bet!

America fuck yeah! Even with Trump? America is a pretty damn cool place to be. Still have passion for olde blighty. There's a whole lot more to Brexit than is reported in the US press. But it sure makes for some fun sound bites.