1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Favre again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by healthhut, May 7, 2009.

1. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

So is the he comming back out or what? I think he should just b/c they are willing to pay him(who couldnt use a few more million). I passed his house this morning and there was several satellite tv trucks and crews setup at his gates.

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

His identity became his job. Now he doesn't know what to do with out it. This is a grown man going through an adolescent crisis. The kind of money he'd be playing for would only motivate a much less rich man.

3. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Heck...I'd play until my body fell apart...millions of fans, millions of dollars, millions of ladies screaming, "have my baby"...

People like ricky williams that declare retirement at like 20 something make me sick. Fav-Ra is a little more understandable with him getting to middle age, but still...look at testaverde 2 seasons ago for the panthers...he was 10x better than david carr and he was almost 20 years older!

4. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

You're a panther's fan aren't you joe...:Poke:

Sayyyy ittttttt:Poke::mad:

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yes, I'm a Panthers fan. What does that have to do with anything? I wouldn't take Favre over Delhomme for anything. Favre was a very talented risk taker at his best and now age has made his talent more of a middle-of-the-road kind of QB who still takes too many risks. MVP Favre isn't coming out of retirement. The guy that ended last season is coming out of retirment. And that guy might have trouble beating out Sage Rosefels.

6. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Hell, yeah!

Loves the game. Not ready to mow the lawn all the time at home. Still better than some new guys.

If someone wants to offer you a paycheck that you'll accept, hey, go play.

I don't know if he'll be as vibrant as other years, but he's generally pretty exciting. I think it's his choice at this point.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

he needed surgery last year and hasn't had it done yet. i wouldn't risk it if i were the Vikes, he'll have a few good games and the fall to pieces.

8. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Well, history has him playing pretty well broken, actually. So, does anyone else have the fire and vinegar that he has to play against GB and other teams? Who do the Vikes have for receivers this coming season? Always seemed like the Packers kind of skimped on the receivers.

9. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I wish he would just go away and ride is tractor in MS.

While I totally respected him as a football player, I lost all of my respect for him as a man. To me what you say is what you do. It appears that he has lost sight of that...

For me to be a fan of an athlete you have to be good both on and off the field.

Dawn

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Maybe Brett is a big fan of this 47 year old, who's getting lots of ice time in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Vick tweeted that he would love having the Mississippi dongslinger as a back up, but removed the tweet an hour after posting it.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He needs a new job. Christian Ponder is after his old one.