1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Cliff0529, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of upgrading my rotors and have a few little questions to ask everyone.

1. How much of a difference will I notice using Spiegler Rotors, full floating ductile iron, on my Ducati 750SS? Also how do Spiegler compare to EBC Prolites in terms of quality, etc.

2. Are ductile iron rotors SS legal?

Thanks in advance,
    Cliff

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Brake rotors may be changed to OEM spec steel rotors. No carbon fiber, cast iron or other exotic materials unless stock. No oversized rotors. From the book....mongo was alowing the wave rotors this year but may want to check the new rule book to get it in print.

3. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I currently has a set of the Spiegler rotors and love them. THey are the Full floating. Work great with either thier street pads or thier Full race ones. The stopping power is amazing.

4. Cliff0529

So you're using spiegler pads with them?

5. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I think i was using their SBK-3 compound. I did try their racing compund the last race of the year. THey worked REALLY well. but the weather sucked so i didn't get to use their full potential.

6. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

you can use ductile iron rotors though.
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30729&highlight=iron+rotors

7. Cliff0529

Sweet, I'll probably use the SBK-3's as well. I just can't justify paying $180 to change pads, thats what it'd come to with the race compound pads.

8. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I know that is rough....You may check with Mongo on the Iron......i thought those were legal.......At least that is what i was told unless that was for the Endurance series or something.

same size just different carrier and material

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  9. Cliff0529

In the thread that Novice52 posted he said ductile iron was okay for SS, cast iron was not. :D Thanks for your help man.

10. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I am sure it will be ok to use them in Wera. They new rule book will be clear on them. The AMA is a stock rotor only club no Ebc rotors just the stock ones....