1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'General' started by lateapexer, May 20, 2019.

1. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

So I’ve tried almost every top brand but there’s always something new coming out. What’s everyone’s favorite racing brake pads these days?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Vesrah RJL-ZZ or XX's are hard to beat. I've run the EBC's too but didn't feel much with them. I ran Ferodo pads with my Axis rotors and loved them but they were harder to find than Vesrah so when I got rid of the bike with the cast iron rotors I went to Vesrah.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

SBS. They have a variety of friction compounds to suit whatever performance or feel you need. DS (dual sintered), DC (dual carbon), and RS (sintered). The DC and RS pads will set you back less than $100 for a set and the DS are about double that.

5. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

This.... I love the progressive feel of the RS but they wear fast. The DC have a little more bite and last longer.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Brembo z04.

Turns you into Marquez

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  7. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I stick to the EBC GPFAX pads for all my race bikes, strong and incredibly consistent.

8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Vesrah XX here

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Goldfren S3 on my Suzuki Savage.

10. :stupid:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

rotella!!! :)

lateapexer likes this.
  12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Vesrah XX. used to run SBS DC, but like the XXs better for the extra power.

13. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

I’ve tried the vesrahs and they are indeed awesome. I’m currently running the Brembo carbons and they are epic, just hard to get. Thanks for the input. I’ll give sbs a try again. I’ve also heard great things about a certain galfer pad but unsure of the compound. Huey mentioned them a while back..

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I just switched to the sbs dual carbon and loved them after getting use to them. You have to bed them correctly, but they are amazing once you do.

15. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Likely the 1303.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The SBS Dual Sinter are awesome. They are progressive, low initial bite which I like, and they last forever. Downside- they are very expensive.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I always liked them, my biggest complaint was they're dirty, lots of dust.