1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake lines

Discussion in 'Tech' started by heavy penny, Mar 27, 2008.

1. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

My rear brake line broke at the housing. I need a new rear brake line for this weekend with no time to order. Will call around tomorrow to the local shops but wondering if these lines are universal. Anyone?

2. mq105

mq105 Well-Known Member

Universal, with some caveats:

Length must be close. End fittings must have the same alignment as original. If it's a Jap bike you will have no problem finding something. Keep and reuse your banjo bolts.

3. peter leduc

peter leduc Agaperacing.com

My local dune buggy shop has parts to make up your own braded steel brake lines. Try calling around. Also make sure you protect it with some shrink wrap tubing.

One major note, make sure you have them show you exactly how to put it together or you'll be wasting time when you should have been finding another stock line.

PL

4. bigjoker247

bigjoker247 Well-Known Member

If you still have the oem line laying around that will get you through the weekend. You prob. dont use the rear brake much and find it fading to the degree of the fronts. Good luck.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Most hydraulic equipment shops can make custom lines on-site.

6. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Thought about that, actually before I get corrected - Jig thought about that. I was able to use a spare SS front line for the rear. Little long but works just fine. Already ordered a new one. Thanks to all that helped and Nick for offering me a stock line.