1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell: Childress

Discussion in 'General' started by JamesC459, Nov 22, 2010.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

ead.

:D

2. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

Good move vikings

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Favre was a cancer in that locker room. It all went boobs up last year when Chili tried pulling #4. BF had no respect for Chilli and as he was to be a team leader, some of the locker room followed his lead and turned against the coach also as a result.

Also, Favre was responsible for (IIRC) 21 of the 25 turnovers so far this year for the Vikings. You turn over the ball, you lose. He is ranked 31st in QB ratings. You have an ineffective QB, you have a hard time winning games.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the Vikings were 7-3. Chilli would still have a job. There are a lot of factors as to why the Vikings are sub par this year, but the QB has a lot to do with it. Just like last year they pinned a lot of the success of 2009 on #4. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The number of turnovers (INT) attributed to Favre is misleading. Half the turnovers from the Chicago game were caused by deflections off the receivers, or the receiver falling down in a pattern. As delicious as blaming Favre for every turnover may be, reality isn't quite so tasty.

5. DrA5

Understandable. Tipped balls are out of the QB's control, but it still goes down as an INT. Was it thrown just off a bit and tipped? QB not on target? Tipped at the line because you didn't account for the lineman with his arms up? I know it's not to be levied on him in total, but it is what it is.

6. pickled egg

In the Chicago game, 2 of the 3 INTs were the fault of the receivers. He takes the fall for the lost fumble.

7. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

For such a serious dude, Farvra comes off like the Pee Wee Herman of the NFL. Pill poppin, dick textin. Has anybody EVER that didn't commit a felony ruin their assurred Hall of Fame status? Pete Rose is getting a kick out of this shit.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What kind of biblical miracle do you think could possibly keep Brett Favre from getting into the Hall of Fame the first year he becomes eligible?

9. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Allright ! Sombody w balls.. UNLIKE Childress.. How about.. Couple weeks ago.. About to take the lead in the red zone w a field goal.(ON THE ROAD) Naw fukit Lets go for it.. Idiot!!! Didn't get the first down. I don't know where Childres belongs.. I'm sure he is a nice guy. but..

Bret Favre bailed him out last year and led the team to the NFC championship game! anyone remember?

sorry no work to be had these day's I'm grumpy

:D

10. chadspaint

Oh yeah and that pic Favre threw yesterday that ended up making things go bad was terrible on Favres part.. I'm sure he knows it. We ned the D to step up.. Leslie has been in charge of that right
    ??

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

But if we start down that path, how many of the touchdown passes that are attributed to Favre are actually the result of the receiver making an incredible catch on a shitty pass, or turning a two yard dumpoff into a 60+yard TD?
    If the QB gets credited for TDs bailed out by receivers, he gets credit for the INTs helped along by them.

12. pickled egg

I've heard of cranial-rectal inversion before, but this is the first time I've ever seen it in action. :crackhead:

The receiver's *JOB* is to catch the pass and turn it upfield. Not to tip it in the air so the linebacker can pick it off. Not to fall on his face so the strong safety can make the catch without effort.

There were *plenty* of catchable passes that were dropped by Vikings receivers the past two games. One that would have been, if not a touchdown (though that receiver would have had to actually *catch* the ball *AND* turn upfield...better check his contract to see if that's what he's supposed to do :Poke: ) then definitely setting us up for a 3rd & 1 instead of a 3rd and too damn much.

And in case you didn't know, the stats don't differentiate between a QB fuckup or a receiver fuckup, so he gets the demerits anyways. Happy now?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Right, stats are stats. So trying to make a distinction between a tipped interception and a blatant interception is ridiculous. The QB's JOB is to throw the ball to the receiver, not throw it in near the ground in the receiver's general direction, or throw it four feet over his head so the receiver has to jump and expose himself to a major hit. Favre's receivers have adjusted plenty of times to take what is a horrible throw and make it a great play.
    Thanks for playing along and proving my point that your post was pure rectal cranial inversion. Interceptions are interceptions. And nobody does it better than Favre.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  14. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

So tell me how well did the Vikings do before Farve.

Did Chilly without Farve ever make it to the NFC championship game?

Did Chilly without Farve ever even make it to the playoffs?

Because for Farve to be a cancer the team had to have been much better off before he got there. I believe under Chilly the Vikings have had 6 wins in 2006, 8 in 2007, 10 in 2008, 12 in 2009 (Farve), and 3 so far this year. His overall record with the Vikings is something like 39-35.. or barely over .500 Thats including his 12 win season with Farve. Very un-amazing stats for a coach you seem to think so highly off.

Does anybody remember when the Vikings had the party boat cruise on lake Minnetonka or whatever. With hookers and blow. I wonder who was coaching then?

15. pickled egg

Who said Favre wasn't the king of receptions to members of the opposing team?

I suppose if every time you walked by I kicked you in the nuts and you spilled your coffee you'd blame me for falling asleep at work. :Poke:

16. chadspaint

Mike Tice (sp?)

I used to jump the wakes of those ( Alan Alma) party boats when I was a kid. That is cool lake fo sho.. I miss that place...

17. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

How could I forget Mike Tice. He was entertaining to watch coach!

18. DrA5

Dude, if you think that I think highly of any Viking, past or present, you need to do much better research.

19. DrA5

For those that think that #4 did not directly cause Zig-meister to fire Childress, let's check the tale of the tape.

Check out #4's INT numbers the season that had:
    -Mike Sherman coaching the Packers, before he got fired at the end of that year
    -Eric Mangini coaching the Jets, before he got fired at the end of that year
    -Brad Childress coaching the Vikings, before he got fired at mid-season

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Already tired of the Vikings and football in general this year. I'm gonna start following a real man's sport, like NASCAR.