1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodywork requirements for ULW endurance

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by sbk1198, Dec 16, 2020.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

@Mongo or anyone else that knows for sure...is there a requirement on bodywork shape for ULW endurance bikes? I've been told that the bodywork must resemble OEM shape of the bike, meaning you can't use bodywork from another bike model or some custom-made stuff. Is that true? I thought requirements of that nature were only for manufacturer contingency.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, requirements like that are also for Superstock rules unless the rules specifically allow it for a given class - like LW Twins SS does.

What are you wanting to do?

3. sbk1198

But doesn't ULW endurance follow Superstock rules? I changed bodywork on my 400 to something totally different that's not "OEM-like", but then I heard from someone that it's not allowed, so just wanted to ask for clarification.

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

For ULW Endurance the rulebook says Superstock rules with E and F class bikes. E and F SS rules both say no bodywork restrictions.

I thought the basic reason the ULW endurance used Superstock rules was to keep gas tanks stock sized. A big tank could mean a two hour race could be finished without a pit stop. If you don't show up with an oversized gas tank I think you would be good to go.

sbk1198 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What about a second tank built in the bodywork...:crackup:

R/T Performance likes this.
  6. sbk1198

That's what I figured, and it makes sense. I know tanks have to be stock but the tank is not part of the bodywork anyway. Alright so I should be good then.

JBall likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's SS rules because that's what the sprint rules for those bikes are, we don't have sprint SB classes for them.