1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodywork Repair

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Nov 4, 2011.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

WhyTF does china bodies f-ing put kevlar in their bodywork? It ends up being a shattered piece of china basicly w the kevlar holding it all together. Just enough so some brain scientist will say "looks fixable" ! " Can/t ya "JUST" fix it ". Lol ! The kevlar ends up being this furry chit that you have to burn off w a frickin' torch ! When you try to fix the chit ! . Lol . Just a little fire in the shop . No prob :crackup:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Preach it brother!

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

4. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Its not the Kevlar :) it does a great job when used correctly and not just a selling point. Look at the up side you have all the pieces :)

5. chadspaint

[​IMG]

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You work fast!

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Egads! I had one of those Fieldsheer suits about a zillion years ago in blue! Actually, really liked it :D
    Cheers, Lee S.

8. chadspaint

Still got mine. I got deal on these leathers is why I wore them. They still look about the same except they are coverd w dead bugs and tire rubber etc. Oh 1 spot on top of the right knee where I was off the bike in turn 2 at willow. bars almost on the lock etc. Somehow I ended up back on it on track. Loved that track

9. chadspaint

I still run the bodywork that is on thus bike on my other bike. It was repainted on 03 to strait black. shit still looks like it has only been painted a month. Air tech, They still make parts . just not current. Carbon reinforced edges strait glass. Valvoline used to run this stuff. you could get stuck w a heavy set. but this set isn't. I does not fall apart like most of todays crap bodywork. :D