1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW S1000RR Street bike!

Discussion in 'General' started by YellowRacer, May 10, 2009.

1. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Your dismissive tone is full of the usual BMW condescension. By trying to label someone as a "hater" you have tried to compartmentalize someone as being irrational. "Venting" has nothing to do with this goal.

I am rationally warning my fellow racing enthusiasts to not waste their money on a company which does not care for anything more than developing market. I believe the saying goes ..." a wise man learns from the mistakes of others." I share my mistakes with others, without embarassment, to hopefully preserve their cash reserves for actual racing endeavors. If they choose to not heed the fair warning, so be it.

Perhaps you would like to disclose what your interest is in this brand, in conjunction to/with your companies, websites, and corporate affiliation. (Oh, I'm sorry, did you leave those details out?) Let's not forget all the free MOA related trinkets and world travelling you have received, as well. Your "recommendation" and judgement is FAR from impartial.

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I've seen the bike and cutaways and have talked to the engineering and management team from BMW Motorrad. I am glad that BMW is committed to racing to promote its new bike, when other brands are reducing their racing commitments.

The finger followers are tiny and the bike has a redline of 14,200 so I don't think they're anything that hurts performance, and using followers in theory avoids having to use oversize bucket tappets to accommodate big cam lift (to keep the lobe from overlapping the edge of the bucket) in racing applications.

I also don't think it's a bad thing that it looks different with one projector beam (round) headlight and one conventional halogen headlight.

Just my personal opinion.

3. Game

Game zip tie master

For those that say the bmw will be priced over the 20k mark, look at the market. Compare audi, bmw and other manufacturers prices in European dealerships, to US dealers. A liter of milk in England is 2 pounds, 4 dollars, gas in Europe is around 4 euros, or more at times, and that's a fucking liter. Living expenses in europe are alot more than in the US, therefore the companies like bmw will price the bike according to what people are willing to spend.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Butt you haven't. Let it go that is.

You've made your point. Or at least made it public. Over and over. What is it that drives you to continue the tirade? Altruism?

5. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

How many of these are being made?

If they were trying to sell these in Japanese numbers then 13k would be hard to believe, but if it's just enough to satisfy SBK requirements, you have to treat the entire bike as a promotional tool rather than something they're trying to pull profit out of.

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

They said their goal is to sell 8500 the first year.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Wish I had the cash to be one of those 8500! I'll take the gray/black one I've seen pictures of.

8. SHIVA

SHIVA New Member

has anyone seen a scan from a german mag that put this bike on a dyno and estimated 200hp at the crank? I am looking for it...