1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW S1000RR Street bike!

Discussion in 'General' started by YellowRacer, May 10, 2009.

1. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Love it. Maybe someday in the next few yrs there'll be lightly used ones floating around for sale.

I wish it had HID headlights stock though.

I like it better than than any other new litrebike, but the R1's noise is fantastic. When will Yamaha put the exhaust where it belongs though?

2. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

Who knows how true, but they've been saying this since day 1 and still seem to be saying it now

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...omepete-with-japanese-on-price/?&R=EPI-108260

In what BMW Motorrad General Director, Hendrik Von Kuenheim called a “historic day” for the Bavarian marque, BMW’s first and all-new superbike was unveiled with not only a class leading claimed peak power figure of 142Kw at 13,000rpm, which, along with a featherlight dry weight figure of 184kg gives the new S1000RR the best power-to-weight figure in the class, but also revealed that the new bike, which now won’t be available in dealers until the end of the year, will also be “price competitive with the Japanese”.

3. scotth

scotth Banned

<blink>.

when...no, how have you seen the back of your balls?

on second thought, I don't want to know. nope. forget I asked.

(that is my new phrase for ugly, though.)

4. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

its ugly, street or race trim, and its not doing very well in the races, i'll pass

5. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

It's been ugly in every manifestation I've seen except for this... where it looks incredible

[​IMG]

the obsessive compulsive designers at BMW had to put some quirky headlights and bodywork on it though.. had too, forget the public outcry, quirky headlights/bad paintjobs are mandatory

6. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Yes..that one is baddass! But the greenish-yellow looks damn good IMHO! I'm not worried about the headlights...the number plate will cover up those! :D

7. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Looks great to me!

8. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

Very well put. The japanese bike lovers fail to recognise this..It's call "soul" or, putting up with something most people won't like, because not everyone wants to fall in line the rest of the group.

Then again, I'll put my foot in my mouth, I just bought a SV650.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Love the color, what is that.......baby shit green

10. Chip

Chip Registered

We want to build one....if anybody buys one to race, let me know and we will be build it for CHEAP.

11. ckruzel

it doesnt have soul, its a carbon copy of everything out there, looks like mismatched pieces of other bikes

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Green-eyed monstor bit you in the butt, eh...

13. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

It's a friggin R1 w/o the cross-plain firing. Whoooopity-doo.

193HP at the crank-15-20% for final drive loss=161 RwHp.

I'll believe $15K when I see it. They touted this to be the machine that's just $1000 over your Jap I-4, but they sell for about $22K USD IN Germany.

Xaus and Corser are 15th and 16th in the points, on the turd, in it's 2nd or
    3rd year of development. Thank God they didn't throw down a pile of money in front of Ben, Spies or Bostrom. They'll "withdraw" from WSBK by Round 10 stating development issues or ..."needing time with family."

Anybody know how to adjust F-1 finger follower valve systems?

It'll die like they let the K-1 drown in '92; without a following or a life preserver. Too bad really.

14. ckruzel

actually a black v4

15. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

it looks like a winking smiley face

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pfft! No place to mount a machine gun but it just might get to the gates of Moscow before winter sets in.

17. ckruzel

ROFL

the plan is for the ones that dont like it is to be sent away for re-education

18. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

C'mon guys dont you see it...it is Colonel Klink!

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought Mr Peanut but Klink will do.

20. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Does it come with a saddle bad and heated grip option?

That comes out to $18,100 pre-tax. With that in mind, I would think $15K is somewhat reasonable in the US, especially with the current economy.

Germans always pay more for identical items, even if its made there. I visited an Audi dealer in Munich and the A4 2.0 Liter turbo was selling for over $40,000 US. Products will always sell for what the market will pay.