1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW pulling out of WSB *BOOM*

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 24, 2013.

1. That's what i was thinking. Obviously there are a lot of factors that go into a decision such as this. But doing everything they have done over the past 3-4 years, only to pull out now, sucks ass.

You would think after coming this far, they would want to be able to say it is the "World Champion S1000RR".

2. I know but see, that's different. :D I can type almost 100 words per minute, so i just type shit as i think it. I dont really have to make an effort to apply any concentration to it, because i am the one doing it; if that makes sense.

But having to read and concentrate on things written by other people pisses me off. So i just avoid it.

3. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

The grid for WSBK is already small. Hopefully next year they will have enough bikes to finish out the point scoring positions.

4. I bet we still see a bunch of them in WSTK. The BMW is the only bike that can run with the ZX and Panigale in STK form. So for the Privateer, the BMW makes sense.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well they pulled their official team out last year and the guys had to ride under the Goldbet/BMW banner.

I wonder if this means all the BMW satellite bikes will be out too?

6. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Feels to me like they see the dumbing down of WSBK coming and their Superstock bikes/teams will be more competitive there.

I suspect they must not see the returns from WSBK, from a marketing perspective

GP aspirations? Can't see it. But what do I know? :eek:

Cheers

Barry

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

maybe the upcoming Dorna rules changes are not making it worth their while. Dorna is about show. BMW is about advancing and marketing their product. If the series is becoming NASBIKE, then what do they really gain by staying?

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Smart man , Dave. Apparently BMW has stated interest in moving up:

http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/41942/Exklusiv-So-sieht-der-MotoGP-Fahrplan-von-BMW-aus.html

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That means I'd have to put all my Yamaha stuff away and get all new BMW stuff. :up:

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Edwards had been talking about BMW's entry to MotoGP for awhile now.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

14. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

That sucks. WSBK made the S1000RR the bike it is today.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i likes my motorcycle manufacturers like i likes my sexin'... no pullin' out. this is disappointing i will say.

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

17. bleacht

Never heard of Google Translate? You just have to copy and paste, even Metalhead can do it :Poke::D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But that, bing translator and the others all bascily suck. You get the general idea of what is being said but it's like reading the news as written by a 1st grader.

and a stupid 1st grader at that.

But it's better than nothing. . . or MCN.

19. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

That was my instant thought too.

20. bleacht

It would be cool if Chaz was going with them, another ex-AMA guy in Motogp :up: