1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloomberg / Winfrey

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by auminer, Jan 15, 2020.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Excellent example of drinking the Kool aid and actually believing the MSM blabbering daily. Nice job.
    There is no foolish trend in THIS country, by educated, informed people.
    No novelty is going to topple the GOAT- President Trump.
    How can you even start or argue with all the Winning statistical numbers we are currently gong through?
    Even under a half black/white Pres, the economy and employment #'s were dismal at best. Now that OMB is kicking ass and taking names for
    ALL Colors , you think anyone with half a brain cell will again vote for the Democraps, who only keep the status quo and keep them on 'the plantation'?

Vstate60 likes this.
  2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

DJT asked us at the Rally !/14/20, how our 401K's were doing!!

Winning!!

XFBO likes this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Nothing wrong with supporting your guy etc, but Greatest of all time might be a bit much.

4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

If you study psychology, it is pretty much well known that sociopaths do well, achieve high, in business and political settings. They do Not possess the 'emotion/remorse' chip in their brain, and thus, are willing to step-on/lie/con anyone w/out remorse to get to the top.

Britt likes this.
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

He may be a rare one then..

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Opinions are like....well, you know. But I'd love to hear your opinion on the subject, who, IYO, was better?

Vstate60 likes this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Washington...

EDIT - I wasn’t being snarky, I commended him (or anyone) for supporting their choice. And I’m pretty sure I didn’t intimate he was an asshole for doing so.

XFBO likes this.
  8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, nor was I......I was just genuinely interested in hearing your take.

I was thinking along the lines of 'in my lifetime', so kudos to your pick there! ;)

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Maybe we just have a differing opinion on the sharpness of the tools in the shed. Obviously, you think that more people appreciate him than I do. Yeah, good economy, keeping promises, yada, yada. But there's a huge population that cannot be freed from TDS. How big is that block, we will see.

Play with map. It is a pretty easy game to loose when most of them are already locked away. https://electoralmap.net/2016/myPrediction.php

10. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Exactly. Well put!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Understood, thanks for the clarification.

“Greatest of All Time” v. “my lifetime” would definitely be two very different discussions.

I don’t boil down a President’s success to only economic growth/prosperity (or any single factor). I have always tried to judge based on the description of the office and the roles/ titles it carries.

The roles are: (1) chief of state, (2) chief executive, (3) chief administrator, (4) chief diplomat, (5) commander in chief, (6) chief legislator, (7) party chief, and (8) chief citizen.

President Trump definitely needs to work on several of these, as did many before him.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My main bitch about him is the deficit. Mofo is spending like there's no tomorrow. But there is.

bacolmm likes this.
  13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The house makes the budgets, but he's still guilty of signing them. The spending needs slashed bigtime and fast. The Republicans should be running on a Newt like balanced budget agenda.
    Unfortunately for America, both sides spend like drunken sailors on leave. Fiscal responsibility has been M.I.A. since Newt was the speaker.

sheepofblue, bacolmm and bigtime like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

As Dems always do while in charge, Obamas administration turned the
    military into an underfunded clunker running on 3 cylinders. In order to
    get the money to put us back where we need to be, he had to sign a bill
    that was packed with Democrat pork which has become SOP in Congress.

The military shouldn't be a bargaining chip when it comes to the budget.

15. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I think fiscal responsibility has been missing for MUCH longer than that. As I understand it there has only been one president
    in our history that has left office with virtually zero national debt, and that debt has been growing virtually unabated ever since.

bacolmm likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The debt was very minimal not that long ago.

17. Spang308

Debt doubled under Bush, doubled again under Obama and is adding a trillion a year under Trump. If there is one thing I want him to stand firm on after his re-election, it's balanced budgets and reduced spending in an effort to get the debt under control. We currently are spending $377.5 billion per year just on the interest on the debt. Put in other terms, roughly 10% of the federal tax revenue is gobbled up by servicing the debt.
    And the libs want to bitch about a few billion to build a wall...SMH.

SGVRider and bacolmm like this.
  18. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The annual deficit was minimal, not the national debt. These are two very different things, and I suppose "minimal" and "not that long ago" are relatively relative terms. :crackup:

19. Spang308

Different things that are linked directly. Without deficits, debt doesn't exist. Continued deficits grow the debt instead of paying the debt down. It's 3 card monte on a macro level and it's at dangerous levels and growing.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member