1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike stands

Discussion in 'General' started by kaoyagi, Nov 28, 2006.

1. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Anyone have any advise good/bad on front and rear stands for a SV650? getting into LWT next year and I need a set of stands for the bike. I know that the front fork length is different so I was wondering if there are specific stands out there or if everyone just lifts from the stem. Thanks.

2. GTS600M

GTS600M Longest Member

Pitbull, theyre worth it, and are very durable

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Pit Bull.

There is no substitute.

4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

pitbull! i have seen some crappy ones like hidle and LP etc. they never work as well, or are as strong as pitbulls. i'd let mongo jump up and down on my bike on my stand and not worry about it,lol.

5. TiForce1

TiForce1 Well-Known Member

the only stands I've used and would buy again are Pitbull, Lightech and Harris and in that order as well

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

pit bull

7. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Pitbull

are you seeing a pattern here.................

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Woodcraft.....and their front stand ROCKS.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Nothing wrong with Pitbull, but just to give a shout-out to an alternative...

I haven't used them for too long yet, but I've been using Powerstands. They seem to be stout so far, and have some features I like. Primarily, they break down into small components for someone who has limited travelling storage (covered trailer soon). That was a major requirment for me.

They also have a forward-lift rear stand available, which I personally like. The rear stands can convert from spool lift to swingarm lift. The front stand I have converts from a pin lift to fork-end lift.

Others should have those features as well, but the take-apart feature was my main reason for the Powerstands.

10. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a set of pitbulls for my mille. I was just wondering if there any others that are just as good. Especially since the SV has the offset forks. Thanks everyone for you input.

11. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

While we are on the subject.
    What stands are people using for Motards? Specifically a CRF 450.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Get the Pitbull Newfront - and make sure you tell them which year SV. The 99-02 model takes a different pin from the 03-06. I don't know about the 07, so if you have a new one, you may be SOL. The Newfront will also make it easier to adjust/remove/reinstall your forks, if you ever need to.

Pitbull is what most of us use (if you can't already tell), and they work great.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck the alternatives.

Pit Bull

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i use my own alum spooled rear. but i put spools on mine, but you can use a universal style. i use a pitbull "under the triple" front. i can make a longer pin for your Pitbull for a small fee. just drill a hole in your fronf fender where the hole in the bottom triple is. i would need the hole diameter(i have a YX, so i dont know the CRF size).

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You must work for Woodcraft or get money from them but I have never been happy when I had them. I contemplated suicide because I was so unhappy about them. And oh BTW their front stand sucks! (compared to a Pitbull that is) and that is why I got my mojo back when I went and got two brand-new Pitbulls. :cool:

16. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

pitbull.

and they give back to the sport through sponsorship.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Pitbull

18. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

pitbull here too

19. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Another vote for PitBull.

20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Funny how Pitbull changed their design to something very much like the Woodcraft......I guess the Woodcraft design sucks (front stand).:rolleyes:

I have had ZERO problems with any of my WC stands (front or rear).

BTW - what was your problem with the front stand??

njracer......and I don't work for WC.